Shooting For Screen Replacement Tips (iPad, iPhone...) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Trustee

Shooting For Screen Replacement Tips (iPad, iPhone...)

I have experience replacing screens in post with images and video but I have never shot it myself. I usually see either a piece of green material over the entire screen or orange tape in the corner (either circles or crosses). I use AE + Mocha for simple screen replacement or SynthEyes or now, The Foundry's CameraTracker plugin in AE for 3D tracking.

For one shot, I will be using an EX3 + nanoFlash (280Mb I-frame) shooting over the shoulder an iPad while walking. I am thinking that 1080 30p will have slightly less motion blur so it could be easier to track in post but I would prefer to shoot 24p. This shot will have a wall of windows on the right side so ambient sunlight will provide most light.

For shot 2: it will be stationary, probably a 24" LCD but it will be in front of a wall of windows so I might need to add light. I have Kino Diva 401s, Barfly 200s and 2 SolaENG 3's (LED fresnel) to use.

Shot 3: will be like the image below where a person is scrolling through CG elements on a table. I want the easiest to build and replace in post. I was thinking of using thick white construction paper with 2 SolaENG 3's under it for light so there is a little falloff on the edges. I grew up in construction/carpentry so all I need help with are the actual parts and pieces to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Shooting For Screen Replacement Tips (iPad, iPhone...)-table.jpg  
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion