SDI Cards? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 4th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #1
Inner Circle

SDI Cards?

So ok, I'll take the learning hit. I'm kinda tired of my firewire output to video and then my audio not syncing in my preview monitor. I run out of my firewire for video into my Canapus 110 from there it's Svideo to the monitor, and the audio is run out of my sound card to the same bridge but I split it from there using a stereo to rca into my preview monitor. Either way, the video is choppy and the audio won't synce unless my vegas preview is on the lowest settings.

Will a SDI card fix my issue and give me the best possible synced preview to my preview monitor?
Old August 5th, 2006, 04:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Sync offset..

We use the Balckmagic Design HD Extreme card - does both SD and HD/SDI preview. Works fine with audio.Card can not capture/ingress with vegas 6.0 - even if Blackmagic site says so - only playback/preview and print to tape. Sync problems can be adjusted in the "sync offset" setting somewhere under options
/magnus

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC