Hero 2 HDMI output not outputing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old November 11th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #1
New Boot

Hero 2 HDMI output not outputing

Greetings,
I recently added a Hero2 to my stable of cameras. I added it primarily because I wanted to have the HDMI output available for setting up the shot when you can't physically put your head in a position to see the LCD back while mounting the camera. But when I plugged in my TV Logic 5.6 monitor I get no output to the monitor. Has anyone else run into this problem and has anyone resolved the problem.
Thanks,
Herb Forsberg
Herb Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Hero 2 HDMI output not outputing

Hi, Herb...............

Don't have either of the units mentioned, so am shooting in the dark, but, just so the usual suspects can be eliminated, can we run through the checklist?

1. Have you tried a different cable?

2. Have you tried feeding the camera to another HDMI device and got a picture?

2a. If you feed another HDMI source into the screen, do you get a picture?

3. Have you checked that there is not a user selectable menu item on either unit that should be on but is actually off, this instead of that, etc?

4. Both units definately have power, correct?

5. Have you tried connecting the two using a different interface to prove either unit isn't dead at the interface level?

6. Have you RTFM'ed, in detail, both units to ensure there isn't something really simple going on?

7. Have you contacted Product Support for each unit to see if they can shed any light?

That's it, unless someone can add some.

Good luck.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Hero 2 HDMI output not outputing

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut it's a camera setting. Read your manual carefully and make sure it's set up correctly. For instance, in the regular GoPro, you can view the live picture with a monitor, but you can't play back into that same monitor without going into the "SET" menu.

That being said, I've sometimes had to plug and unplug the cable a couple of times to get the monitor to see the camera. YMMV.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems