SxS media recorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old January 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Major Player

SxS media recorder

Is the SxS media recorder still offered by JVC, or is that a discontinued item?

Now that the HM700 can capture EX clips to SDHC, it seems redundant.
George Strother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

They are still available in the UK

They can still be used as backup/fail safe or so you can hand over one set of files to the client and take the copies home.

It is a shame you cannot use the SxS adapter that takes the SD cards, would have been more useful.
Zulqar Cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:55 AM   #3
New Boot

SD cards can be used with a adaptor

I was able to use SD cards with a adaptor..forget the unit code, but it was made by Hoodman. My local shop loaned it to me back in the day so I could fiddle with the whole codec silliness..

basically, the adaptor looks like one of the sxs cards, but has a slot for the SD card to go into, then the whole thing goes into the KA-MR100G

I saw it still listed on JVC's site...tho if you want it a little cheaper or do a trade...I so want to get mine off my hands..Every time I look at it I get PO'd at JVC for their whole initial Codec silliness when the 700 first came out....

but hey, the unit itself works like a charm...I just have no need for the extra bells/whistles of multiple format recording,ect...so I have this really nice $1000 paperweight right now...bleah
Julius Kuziemski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems