Comparing HD-200 and HD-250 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 11th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #16
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
Thanks for your anwers Carl! I am in the market for a new camera this year. And the HD200 is definately an option for me. Some questions left.

You mentioned that the HD200 will come with either a stock lens or without a lens so we can choose one yourselves. That would be great, but I suppose the $8000 price is for the bundle and the body-only would be cheaper? If so, it would truly show great flexibility and customer service from JVC!

The HD200 is the same size as the HD250. How does it compare to the HD110. Is it slightly larger/heavier or is it much bigger?

Finally. With the PAL model, I will have 720p/25 and 720p/50. That would mean I can shoot slow-motion sequences right?
Regarding price: Any pricing you may have seen thus far is preliminary. Final pricing has not been released yet, but should be very soon.

Regarding size: The 200/250 series cameras will be about 4 inches longer than the 100/110 series. This is comparing the 100/110 series body WITHOUT an after-market battery adaptor to a 200/250 series WITH the Anton Bauer adaptor. So if you compared both cameras, with AB battery adaptor, the difference would be maybe 2 inches or so.

Regarding weight: The 200/250 series camera head will be about 1 lb. heavier than the 100/110 series.

Regarding Frame Rates: Both the NTSC and PAL models will be able to shoot frame rates of 24,25,30,50, and 60 in the HD mode. So yes, you could "overcrank" by shooting at 50 fps and slow it down to 25 fps in post for example.

Remember that in the HD world, there is no "NTSC" or "PAL". HD standards are international. NTSC or PAL only applies to SD modes.

Regards, Carl
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:28 AM   #17
Major Player

I think its great that people from inside the industry like Carl look at the posts and give responses - it helps to reinforce the fact that JVC are making a real effort to get the whole HDpro format right. However, as his replies are spread all over the various threads, is it time to start a seperate thread, called "Ask Carl" - where anyone who has a question like these can post, and Carl could give his responses, all in one place? Maybe once a week or something?
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #18
Trustee

WOW! Sorry for trying to help. I was fully ignored big time!
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #19
Major Player

Any chance of JVC adding an HDMI output. With the inexpensive BlackMagic HDMI card, it would provide a relatively inexpensive way (compared to HD-SDI) to get and capture uncompressed 4:2:2 video and uncompressed audio.
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #20
Major Player

Carl how much do the PL mount adapters cost? are they in the market?
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #21
Major Player

Well I don't know how solid these prices are $Aust

Heres a link to videoguys in Aust, with the price for the CCU as well, they supply theirs with the standard Fujinon Lens, but why I don't know, they supply the BN-V428 battery, which is a mere 2800mAh. I don't have the hd100 in my hands at the moment, is that the stock battery, or is it the 3800mAh version the BN-V438U?
Anyways, here it is.

http://www.videoguys.com.au/scripts/...idcategory=321
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #22
Major Player

We are placing an order for 2 of the HD250's very soon. We are also going to use the DR-HD100 HDR now that we can use FCPro with the files.

My only concern is that with the Anton battery, the BNC connector section and the HDR on the back, this camera will be 3 feet long!

I hope I can balance it. At least it looks like the tripod plate now mounts on 2 points, is that correct?

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #23
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
We are placing an order for 2 of the HD250's very soon. We are also going to use the DR-HD100 HDR now that we can use FCPro with the files.

My only concern is that with the Anton battery, the BNC connector section and the HDR on the back, this camera will be 3 feet long!

I hope I can balance it. At least it looks like the tripod plate now mounts on 2 points, is that correct?

Dave Beaty
Dave,

Yes, the GY-HD200 and GY-HD250 clamp onto the included tripod plate in the front and the back. These new cameras are only a couple of inches longer than the 100 series, when you include the battery bracket on both.

Carl
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks
Regarding size: The 200/250 series cameras will be about 4 inches longer than the 100/110 series. This is comparing the 100/110 series body WITHOUT an after-market battery adaptor to a 200/250 series WITH the Anton Bauer adaptor. So if you compared both cameras, with AB battery adaptor, the difference would be maybe 2 inches or so.
Will the 200 and 250 with the wide angle lens still fit properly in the JVC case for the HD100?

Or is a new version of the case going to be available.

I am ordering the case, though I plan on upgrading within the near future to the HD200. Since the HD200 now has the larger body, I need to ask about the case.

Thank you!
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #25
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker
Will the 200 and 250 with the wide angle lens still fit properly in the JVC case for the HD100?

Or is a new version of the case going to be available.

I am ordering the case, though I plan on upgrading within the near future to the HD200. Since the HD200 now has the larger body, I need to ask about the case.

Thank you!
Jack, I have posed the question to product management and I await an answer.

Regards, Carl
Old October 17th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #26
Major Player

Yes, I too need to know about case options for the HD250 as we normally would order them with the camera. Since the size is different in length, that could be a problem with the current HD100 cases.

Also, I am working with my dealer and they are unsure about the battery system needed. Anton or IDX or adaptor like the HD100.

Any update on availablility or ship dates for HD250? Thanks

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #27
Major Player

Quote:

Also, I am working with my dealer and they are unsure about the battery system needed. Anton or IDX or adaptor like the HD100.

Dave Beaty

Dave,

I was looking at the same thing the other day and found this...

"The built-in Anton-Bauer battery bracket provides compatibility with the most popular battery systems for ENG."

at:
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/p...&feature_id=08

Unless JVC has changed this of course.

RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #28
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
Dave,

I was looking at the same thing the other day and found this...

"The built-in Anton-Bauer battery bracket provides compatibility with the most popular battery systems for ENG."

at:
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/p...&feature_id=08

Unless JVC has changed this of course.

GY-HD250U is to ship with the Anton Bauer bracket standard. IDX will be available as an option.
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #29
JVC America

Quote:
Yes, I too need to know about case options for the HD250 as we normally would order them with the camera. Since the size is different in length, that could be a problem with the current HD100 cases.

Any update on availablility or ship dates for HD250? Thanks

Dave Beaty

Jack & Dave,

It's likely that there will be a new model number for the case for the HD200 and HD250 cameras. I believe that the outer dimensions will be the same as the CB100, but the foam on the inside will be cut a little different.

Regards, Carl
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:17 AM   #30
Trustee

In regards to the "Super Encoder" that allows full 60p using the same 19.7mbps, does this super encode also work its magic on 24p and 30p? If they are able to double the frame rate with an apparent increase in quality, the older 24p and 30p modes should be just gorgeous! If they are left unchanged, then there is some sevear untapped potential there. Any chance they boosted the old 480p60 mode to 480p120?(that would be very cool, although unlikely)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems