FINAL CUT PRO 5 / GY-HDV100 codec - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 02:34 PM   #16
Regular Crew

FINAL CUT PRO 5 / GY-HDV100 codec

Our Issue with FCP is it wont't do HDV 720p 24fps
Manny Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:38 PM   #17
Regular Crew

HDVxDV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Yeah. LumiereHD is still in beta, and it is definitely buggy. Unfortunately they don't offer a trial version so you have to buy it before realizing it doesn't really work as advertised.
I've tried on Panther and Tiger to make it work consistently and I keep having problems.
At the moment I personally would recommend HDVxDV because it is simple, it maintains audio sync, and attempts to capture 24P timecode (with mixed results.) You can also download a free trial before deciding to buy.

It is wishful thinking to hope that Apple will release an update to FCP5 at Macworld. I think Macworld this year is going to be all about Intel based Powebooks, iBooks and Mac Minis. We may have to wait until NAB in April for full FCP5 support of 720P24.

Hey Tim I went over your instructions using HDVxdv, it worked good, bbut the only issue is way out of sync, am I doing something wrong here?

thanks

Manny
Manny Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems