Audio playback issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio playback issues

I am editing hdv in PPro cs3. I have no issues with editing or playback or rendering of the video, but when I play the timeline I get audio dropouts. This is not present when I edit SD or if I export the project. The dropouts occur in different spots at different times. ie. if I play the same section back three times the audio will dropout differently each time. it plays for a few seconds then a second or two of silence then starts up again. It is quite annoying during editing. i dont know why this is happening but again there are no issues with the video portion. Is there a way to set the "Audio interleave" during plyback? Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks

Howard
Howard Churgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Trustee

Most likely culprit, apart from a somewhat lacking disk setup, is having SearchIndexer on.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
Most likely culprit, apart from a somewhat lacking disk setup, is having SearchIndexer on.
I turned off "Indexing". Didn't know it was on or what it was.Tuned it off for both drives and disabled it.

Although I see a performance increase it did not solve the problem.
Howard Churgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #4
Trustee

Getting another SATA disk will help significantly. Only two disks is not enough for comfortable editing. Take care it is at least a 7200 RPM disk, 'green disks' are not suitable.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 04:27 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Howard............

If you're getting audio dropouts and not video, you don't have a disk problem.

Something else is stopping the audio (card?) from getting data.

My suggestion?

Dive in and disable everything apart from those apps directly connected to editing your video - network, broadband, virus and firewall, you name it.

Disable the lot.

No change?

Pull the audio card and move it up a slot, if possible.

Check and download the latest drivers for your motherboard, audio system, graphics card and anything else that has drivers associated with it.

If that doesn't fix it, well, get back to us.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I turned off my TrenMicro virus software and it appears to be good right now. I should have thought of it myself because a few years ago I had to do that even working in SD editing with an older machine. I have had no problem on this machine in SD and I thought it odd that i had no HDV video issues only this audio issue in HDV.

Anyway I hope this is it. Turn off virus software while editing. If not I'll get back to you.

Thanks
Howard Churgin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions