Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 51 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #751
New Boot

Still Shooter needed in Jacksonville, Fl

Need a still shooter in Jacksonville, FL area on Nov. 11, 12 and 13.
Doyle
Old October 21st, 2005, 11:41 AM   #752
Regular Crew

Well, I'm afriad I wouldn't be able to pay much, because I am just a visual effects student in college. I am trying to recreate the lava planet seen at the end of Episode III.

I finally got some pretty decent looking CGI lava fountains. This is NOT a scene from Episode III. I did all the visual effects in this shot. Take a look...

http://cryptite.f2o.org/Mustafar/Mus..._composite.mov
Old October 21st, 2005, 07:46 PM   #753
Major Player

Looking for a production partner in Portland

Hi. I've started a new multimedia production company that is really just a Mafia front for my secret desire to make short films.

I'm looking for someone in PDX to share in the trials and tribulations. From working over the script ideas, to scouting for locations, to the all-important day when you get to act like someone important at the hotel meeting room for auditions and then tell the actors that we don't actually have enough money to pay them.

Or help in fundraising so that we will have enough.

Takers?
Old October 21st, 2005, 11:16 PM   #754
Major Player

Camera Assistant - Detroit area

Hey guys, I am currently in production on an independent feature called "Sleep Tight, Tiger". We recently had a crew member realize they just couldn't make the time commitment to working on the film, so now I am looking for a new camera assistant. We are shooting on a XL-2 with a mini35.

This is a non-paying, non-union production. Give me a call and I can give you all the info you need!

-David Frank
Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:22 PM   #755
Regular Crew

im still looking for a videographer / dp in KC available the day after thanksgiving for a 2 day shoot!

you will be fed(catering) and compensated for gasoline.....

If your interested, shoot me a short e-mail at

alexpurifoy@gmail.com

and tell me about your self, experience ect.

thanks
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #756
Brian Johnson

Need Gaffer in New Jersey for XL2 horror short

We are currently looking for an experienced gaffer for our upcoming fifteen-minute independent psychological horror film. You must be able to work well in a team environment and work closely with the director of photography to achieve the desired effect. Outdoor night scene lighting skills are a must. The shooting dates are tentative right now for December 2nd through 4th in Monmouth County, New Jersey with a possibility that we might go over that three day time frame. This is a low budget film meaning that this is a non-paying job. We will pick up your transportation costs and pay for your food.

If you are interested, please send me a copy of your resume/work experience and some samples of your prior work if you have them to bpjobs@bp.kairazarin.com.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Brian

Old October 25th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #757
Major Player

I think it's time for Craigslist.
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #758
Major Player

I've seen better...
Old October 27th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #759
New Boot

These scripts are not available anymore. Thanks for your interest.
Old October 27th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #760
Regular Crew

That's not nice, Brandon. See you at work...ha ha.
Old October 28th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #761
Regular Crew

DVX100A needed in North NJ for sunday

Would any DVX100A users in Northern New Jersey be available for around 2 hours sunday (october 28th) morning at around 9:30? I am taping a small tribute video for an organization and my camera died on me. I would be willing to pay. Please contact me at andrewjsohn at yahoo dot com.
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM   #762
Regular Crew

DVX100 in Massachusetts?

My partner and I plan to shoot a scene from a recently completed feature length screenplay to woe producers/investors.

We're looking for someone that owns a DVX100 that would be willing to help us out. Does anyone here, who is from Massachusetts (south of boston), own one?

We're not necessarily looking for operators (we have operating experience), but that wouldn't be out of the question. Would be willing to "rent" one.

The shoot would last one day, approximately six to eight hours. Would be willing to pay, but would need a price quote (this is essentially a no-budget shoot). Not clear on exact date yet, but probably a Sunday.

Anyway, help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to responses.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM   #763
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar
Put a cookie or sugar close to your camcorder and watch as the ants crawl out to get the food, once out remove your camcorder and teach the ants a lesson or two.
Reminds me of an old remedy for body lice involving a darkened theatre and extra salty popcorn ROFL
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:59 PM   #764
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar
Put a cookie or sugar close to your camcorder and watch as the ants crawl out to get the food, once out remove your camcorder and teach the ants a lesson or two.
you took the words out of my mouth. That's what I would do as well, just make sure they don't start staking the sugar in the....."nest"......(lol)
Old November 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM   #765
Regular Crew

Online jobs/vacansies in Australia

Hi all,

From december 6th to exactly one year later on, I will leave my tiny European home to explore Australia. Australia offers European travellers a so called 'working holiday visa': I am allowed to work during my stay.

I'd love to do some short jobs in film business over there. Does anyone know good Australian websites with the latests vacancies for local projects? I am really looking for gaining more experience rather than money, since I only have done about 50 setdays as a prod. assistant. So no/low budget projects are fine too!

Thanks in advance. I hope this is the right category for this topic. And beg you pardon for spelling 'vacancies' wrong ;) (can't change that anymore)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands