Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 42 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 28th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #616
Major Player

I will be shooting HURRICANE KATRINA on video...

I will be shooting HURRICANE KATRINA on video...

I am a professional video guy...

With the best equipment...

I live and work in NEW ORLEANS...and will be here during the storm due to a contract with a major cable network.
I can't leave.

I will be shooting this Hurricane on video and selling the video.

Please contact me right now--- a 30 minute clip will be $250

And you can use it for any need you have.. tv... news.. documentary... etc...

Contact me now.
Old August 28th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #617
Trustee

Best of luck and be careful Brent, looks quite a bit stronger then when it went through FL.
Old August 28th, 2005, 03:54 AM   #618
Trustee

Hey James, I believe most of the monitors that sony puts out now are multiformat, (i.e. they play pal and ntsc) it's possible this also applies to the more professional decks dsr-11 you should call around but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have trouble finding them. If you do some of the larger equipment rental places out of burbank may have them (wexler, ver, plus 8 etc) or there's a canadian company in hollywood (sim video) that has access to a lot of PAL gear.
Old August 28th, 2005, 03:56 AM   #619
Major Player

Thank you.. I wish I knew another life....
In 2002 for Lilli I lost my Wife and baby-girl

Sorry

http://www.resmedia.com/videos/hurricane-lili.wmv

Old August 28th, 2005, 08:39 AM   #620
Inner Circle

Brent,

I can only imagine the pain of your loss. Please be very careful, God be with you.

Mike
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #621
Regular Crew

dvdepot.com is also good in NYC
Old August 30th, 2005, 07:21 AM   #622
Tourist

Production help/partner needed in Virginia

Looking for a behind the scenes (maybe in front of the camera) ‘people person’ to help in the creation of a very low budget, cooking show television pilot in the Peninsula area of Hampton Roads, Virginia. Need someone to help find cast (host, etc), some crew (DP), line up locations and supply creative input. Have the script, most of the necessary equipment (GL2, microphones, etc), and a marketing plan with a few contacts.
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #623
Inner Circle

Brent,

You still around guy? Check in with us OK!

Mike
Old August 31st, 2005, 02:30 PM   #624
Major Player

There's no electricity or phones available there, so i think the fact that he hasn't checked in doesn't necessarily mean anything bad's happened to him personally. There's probably just no way to use a PC down there.

What i'm wondering for anybody shooting video down there is how they are re-charging their batteries when they're flat. The camera crews will have a truck with power in it. I suppose independent video guys could recharge from any car battery using a 12V cigarette-lighter adaptor ? just a guess.

Terrible situation down there. I've seen the interview clip with the poor man Harvey (Hardy?) Jackson 3 or 4 times now and it just gets me every time. Even the interviewer was crying whilst interviewing him. very sad.
Old August 31st, 2005, 11:32 PM   #625
Regular Crew

Great! Thanks :)
Old September 2nd, 2005, 08:05 PM   #626
Tourist

A question from the heartland (...No, I mean Kansas City)

Greetings all! I am new to this so bear with me. I am an aspiring filmmaker (yeah, who isn't) that cannot seem to get a crew together for a one day 8 - 10 hour shoot. Of course I have yet to find a location, so maybe I am jumping the gun. My question to anybody in or near this cursed town is how do I find a crew? I need a DP (with own camera preferably), a Gaffer, and a Sound guy. That's it! Oh. Yeah. A location. I've done the whole work on other people's film, sweat equity thing. It's a lie. I figure I will have to showcase what I can do to get people to want to do films with me. But I need help to do my first one...so I can get help in the future. Okay if anyone understands this, help me out. Thanks.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 12:48 PM   #627
Regular Crew

You can pay them....
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:10 PM   #628
Major Player

"Yeah, who isn't?" is your problem. What can you offer someone? Money, experience, credit, contacts, there are lots of things besides cash that have value. But if it's your first film, if you are using no-name actors, if you don't know what you are doing, and if you have no real investment in this (no camera or technical knowledge , your first post in this community, etc...) you better hope to find some high school kid who wants to do it for fun. And even at that you need to have everything else done and ready (casting, locations, script, shot breakdowns, etc...) before you go talk to them.

Otherwise, go work on A LOT of stuff for free, and mention to everyone you meet that you "have a script", etc. Share it with people, and if someone likes the story you may find that critical first connection that gets you "into" the workers in your area.

Or hang around on the filmmaker websites, maybe you get lucky that way.
Or meet every person under the Video Production category in the phone book. Don't expect them to do it, ask them if they know a young person who might be interested. GO to colleges in the area and find out who might be in the film program, or else taking courses along those lines.

HTH.
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:57 AM   #629
Major Player

Looking for Shooters in Seattle, WA Sept 11-13th

Hi there,

I'm looking for guys with lots of free time in the Seattle, WA area. I will be doing some candid street taping, taping of a book signing, taping of a guest during dinner, and doing a sit down interview during this time, and I am looking for someone(s) who knows the landscape on how I can do this. Particularly wanting to find a nice place to do the interview, or at the least, get a nice room.

I could use 1 or 2 shooters, and perhaps 1 boom operator/sound.

Please email me at audio90@shaw.ca (I'm in Vancouver, Canada) and tell me what camera you have and if you are interested in finding out more. I can promise you that if you are a guy, you will find that week very interesting.

ron
Old September 4th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #630
Tourist

Thanks for the feedback Mr. Costa. This is all junk that was in the back of my mind. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. Well, looks like I have some work ahead of me!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands