Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM   #451
Regular Crew

Coast to Coast Aerial Video

Let us help if you have a special project that needs to stand above the rest. We operate a fleet of gyro stabilized unmanned helicopters that are perfect for music videos, indie films, nature documentaries, marketing and TV commercials. We regularly fly cameras such as the HVX200/HPX170, Sony EX1/EX3, RED ONE, Canon 5D/7D and 35mm film cameras weighing up to 15 lbs.

Even if you don't have anything currently in the works, contact us if you would just like to learn more about the capabilities of these systems. We have 30 years experience flying unmanned helicopters.

email - boomstrike(at)aol.com

Last edited by Wendell Adkins; November 21st, 2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: add email
Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:31 AM   #452
Inner Circle

Well, yeah, I may have been talking about your post!

I sort of agree with you, but even so, I still make larger budget productions where I will have a lighting guy, a sound guy, a DoP etc and still shoot in SD. The point for me is that almost everything I make ends up on the web and I shoot it accordingly, knowing that it will have the hell compressed out of it. The only single advantage I can see for me to shoot in HD/HDV is the ability to zoom in to the frame without pixellation. Other than that it just adds another layer of potential grief and expense!

I completely agree, though, that if my productions were ending up being shown elsewhere then SD would be less in demand. My clients simply aren't asking for it, and on the extremely rare occasions they do, I hire.

I would hire to get me through this current nightmare, but the security deposit is £1000 and I simply don't have the available credit on the card or the cash in the bank at the moment :( The project I am working on is a deferred payment job, charting the restoration of a steam locomotive, a Battle of Britain class engine called 'Sir Keith Park'. I won't get anything from it until next September so I am having to keep my costs waaaay down!

Your offer of an XL2 loan combined with a trip to NY is tempting! It's one of my favourite cities, but I won't be there until January, by which time I sincerely hope my poor old XL2 will be back with me!

Cheers,

Ian . . .
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:31 AM   #453
Inner Circle

Sounds interesting Wendell,

I shoot aerials from a full size machine and just learned in our area FAA and Homeland security will not allow RC machines outside of designated RC areas. Has this been a problem you have experienced?
Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:45 AM   #454
Major Player

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. But if you don't mind me asking, what happened to the cam?

(Makes me worried that I haven't sent mine to Canon to be cleaned and maintained...)

Best,
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM   #455
Inner Circle

Hi Jeff, thanks for the vote of sympathy! I am delighted to report that I got a call from a very kind and trusting soul last night who is hiring me an XL1 at a very reasonable rate. My deep thanks to Richard Goodrich who saw this post and contacted his friend who called me.

As far as what went wrong with the camera . . . no idea yet. The audio died halfway through a week of almost non-stop shooting and a couple of days later it wouldn't even power up.

It's off to H. Lehmann for diagnosis and (hopefully) repair. I'll report back when I know more.

Cheers,

Ian . . .
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:03 AM   #456
Inner Circle

Craig still playing phone tag. This morning I am in my office.
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #457
New Boot

Location Sound in Ft Lauderdale, Florida in Dec

I'm looking for a location sound recordist in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area in the middle of December for 4 days.
The film I'm working on, and have been for the last several years, is a self-funded dance documentary, and I don't have the budget to pay top industry rates.

I'm paying but I'm looking for someone willing to work with me on the rate.
I'm also looking for someone familiar with documentary location sound recording.
I have all the audio gear, but also understand many prefer to use their own.

Let me know if you want more details, or please pass on the name of any sound recordist you may know.

Thanks in advance.

Edwin

Toronto
gus.to AT sympatico.ca
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #458
Regular Crew

I'm in Atlanta, GA would you accept an out of state applicant?

Thanks
Nicole
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #459
Trustee

Sorry, what does it mean RC?
i m not american....
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM   #460
Inner Circle

RC= Remote controlled for english people
RC= Radio commande for French people
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #461
Tourist

Looking for D.O.P in Winnipeg, Canada using Canon EOS 5D Mark II or simular

Hi there,

For a Dutchbased band, located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, I am developing a musicvideo.

The singer of the band is from Winnipeg, Canada originally and the song we are developing for is about Winnipeg and how she misses it.

That is why I am looking around for a DOP using a Canon EOS 5D Mark II or simular, to co-produce a Music Video with. My plan is to shoot both in Winnipeg and Rotterdam.

I am still developing the Ideas for the video, but am eager to use some original material shot in Winnipeg.

Unfortunate it is a non-budget Music Video, but a chance to work together with a Rotterdam based production company.

Hope there is some-one here willing to help me out with this.

For more information about the artist, song and ideas, please contact me by e-mail:
maarten@turboturbo.nl

Many Thanks!

Maarten
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #462
New Boot

We can ship rental gear to you: Cleveland Camera Rental.

We are working to get more of our gear listed, but if you're looking for something in particular, let me know.
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #463
Major Player

HELP! Need tripod today (monday) in Latvia

I just arrived to Latvia for a documentary shoot and my light kit and tripod got lost on the way. I start shooting tomorrow in the town of Liepaja. Does anyone know where I can rent/borrow a small tripod for my PMW-EX1 camera??? A manfrotto 503 or something similar would be great!

Please - if you have any advice text me on +46702267796 or write a follow up message. Preferably both!

Thanks!!!
Old November 29th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #464
Regular Crew

I will be in Chicago doing some filming. I am available during our downtime.
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #465
Major Player

Need a gaffer w/ lighting for Friday and Sturday in CT

Need someone with a modest lighting package for Friday and Saturday shoot in CT. 12/4 and 12/5.

Paid gig (day rate plus rental of your gear).

Email for more info.

DDoddsNY@gmail.com

Thanks!

~~Dave
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands