Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 12th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #391
Regular Crew

Sound designer / composer needed

I'm looking for a sound designer and composer to establish a working relationship with. I occasionally shoot short films (usually 1-5 minutes), and while I can hack through preproduction and most production duties, I can't design sound or compose scores at all. Sound is, of course, at least 51% of good video, and while I'm fine with mucking around teaching myself lighting and cinematography and editing and VFX, I would rather leave sound to someone who knows what they're doing.

A little about me: my skill level is somewhere around intermediate. I don't make films full-time or on any regular basis (rather, when I get enough time and have enough creativity). I don't have any intentions to distribute my work farther than Vimeo, and I certainly don't intend to make any money from it.

I would like to find someone with whom I could collaborate over the next several projects. Location is not an issue; I'm currently in Iraq and will be moving all over the continental United States over the next two years (job-related reasons) - so I'm not looking for any specific locale. Unfortunately I cannot offer riches, fame, or a path to Hollywood; however, I believe in compensating people for their talent and hard work even if I will not see a dime from the project. (It's the ethics of the situation; my crew gets paid before anyone else.) Gear is not an issue either; I shoot with DSLRs myself, not Varicams or RED, and the results are what matter, not the gear or the workflow.

It's a long shot, but if anyone on this board wants to partner up and make some short films every so often, please let me know.

Thanks!

Daniel Bates
dbates83@gmail.com
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #392
New Boot

Daniel,

I'm very interested in working with you on your projects. But I'd like to know more details of what sort of videos you're working on or plan to work on.

Do you shoot strict narrative pieces or are they conceptual/art videos? Does the necessary sound design include ADR/Foley or simply doing finishing mixes?

As for me, you can find a few samples of music I've done at <http://www.artinmilwaukee.com/profile.jsp?id=11>. I have experience working remotely so I'm comfortable in that sort of relationship.

I've recently become part of a mentor/mentee program as a sound designer & composer, working with someone who has a GREAT deal of talent and decades of experience. I think it would be enjoyable for both of us if I started working with your projects as an outlet for part of the mentee work I'll be doing for the next 10-12 months.

Let me know what you think and if you're interested as well we can take our conversation into private email.

Best,
Steven
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #393
Tourist

videomaker in

I'm Alessandro from Italy. I look for a videomaker in Gettysburg, PA with an HDV (or more) camera for the 31 october 01 november. Please let me know
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #394
Tourist

Hi, I look for a videomaker in Gettysburg!? for 31 october or better 01 November
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #395
Major Player

email sent
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #396
Regular Crew

Seeking camera person in Portland with HDV gear

Need an HDV owner/operator for a shoot at a car repair facility in Portland, Oregon.

3-4 hours of shooting including an interview and b-roll using a shot list we provide.

Pay is $150 to $200 depending upon gear.

Operator should have EX1, XHA1 or equivalent with lav or boom mic.

Send link to reel or sample work to
craiglieberman@cox.net
Old October 15th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #397
Sponsor: ATS Rentals

Rental Company Seeking Tech for Customer Support and Minor Repairs

Hi Everyone,

ATS Rentals in central Illinois (Piper City, IL, 60959) is seeking a technically-inclined person to provide technical support to our rental customers, and handle minor repairs to camcorders such as lens cleaning, replacing a broken mic mount, head cleaning, soldering a mic cable, that sort of thing. Work would be on-site at our location, on a full-time 40 hours a week basis.

I will provide training and help with more complex repairs. If you're in my area, looking for a job, and think you might be interested, please drop me an email or give me a call at 866-787-7881.

Thanks!

Mark Aardsma, Owner
ATS Rentals
A DVInfo.net sponsor.
Old October 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #398
New Boot

Offering: SFX compositing and Color grading

Hey everyone!

I'm offering to do VFX compositing and color grading for your work at a low price.

Everything can be done over the web.

Here is my showreel: YouTube - Showreel Erik Andersson 2009

Send me a PM if you're intrested!
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #399
Trustee

Anyone have an HMC40 I can rent?

I might need to rent an HMC40 in a day of a weekend and I wondering if theirs anybody in Massachusetts that has one. I mostly use public transportation so I’m not able to meet you in the middle of nowhere in which a car is needed. Basically I’ll get the camera back to you on the same day and you can always go to the shooting location (It's usually events) with the camera and wait until up to 2 hours. This way you’ll get it back even quicker.

What would you charge for that?

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; October 19th, 2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #400
Regular Crew

EX3 Cameraman in South of France

Cameraman located in the South of France.
3,5 hours by car to Barcelona and 3,5 hours by train to Paris. With RyanAir 1 hour to London-Stansted.

Worldwide experience from 5 to 90 minutes (clients: international tv stations)
Languages: German (native), English, Spanish, French

Equipment: Sony XDCAM EX3, Sony HDV-HVR Z1, Sennheiser Wireless Lavalier Microphone, Sennheiser MKH 416, Manfrotto Tripod, Camera Crane/Jib, interview light, editing facility (FCP) available.
(sorry, no rental of equipment)

Last edited by Juergen Hansen; October 19th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #401
Regular Crew

New 3D animation artist for project

Hello gents;

Working on a project for a client and it will need 3D animation.

It is a bio tech product that will require a person, in a spandex suit being crushed by blood corpuscles, among other things.

It will probably need to be built in something like Maya, or Poser and Bryce, Flash, Motion and/or After Effects.

This is a paid contract gig.

Email me samples and let's talk...would much rather have a fellow DVinfo-er get the gig rather than passing it to India.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM   #402
Regular Crew

Cameraman & Sound person

Hi there, I need someone who has a digital camera preferably with a 35mm adapter. I also need a sound person with the sound equipment.

It's a 4 hour shoot max in Slough, berkshire. I am willing to pay/reimburse travelling costs. You can also stay the night at mine if need be.

Other details such as money, food and script can be discussed if you are interested.

Slough is in the UK by the way

Please help.

Last edited by Joseph Kassana; October 22nd, 2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: More detail
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:43 AM   #403
Trustee

Sorry cant help as I dont have a 35mm adaptor but if you post on here you may get more takers: United Kingdom Film TV Jobs Employment Broadcast Recruitment - mandy.com
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #404
Regular Crew

Anyone in the area?
Old October 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #405
MPS Digital Studios

Need a visual effects artist to help finish a short

Hey everyone,

I need a talented visual effects artist to help me finish my movie Hellevator. It's a short film shot almost entirely in front of a green screen and I need to get the final act's FX done. If you're interested, check out Hellevator on MySpace Films - New Films & Documentaries (go to a MySpace page) to see the first bit of the movie.

I need someone who can match the look (blue) and feel of the other FX. Please email me privately and I'll give you more info. Please also send me a link to some of your stuff.

This isn't a paid gig, sorry to say, but the movie was written by David Michelinie, who wrote/co-plotted some of the greatest Iron Man stories with artist/co-plotter Bob Layton. David also created Venom, Spider-Man's big villain. I'm hoping the film will get into a lot of film festivals and give all of us exposure.

Thanks for your consideration.

Heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands