B & H Catalogue - What a Gem! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors
Your direct line to authorized DVi software and equipment vendors.

Old June 5th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #16
Major Player

Question to Henry -

Last time I looked, B&H WOULDN'T ship abroad (i.e. outside US) anyway - so not only do lots of people in Europe not choose to use B&H, they CAN'T. I recall being handed a B&H catalogue at a UK Video Forum show in London with the apology "you can't actually buy anything from this, even online..."

Care to comment? Maybe I'm wrong about the "B&H WOULDN'T ship abroad"?
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #17
Trustee

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/Hel...esPolicies.jsp

They do ship abroad.

However, this reminded me of another reason why I haven't tried them - they only ship to your home address (your credit card address I suppose). I understand why - to combat fraud etc. - but it's just not practical for me, I prefer to get parcels delivered to my work address. Most of the UK dealers will do this, or at least they use Royal Mail who have a depot in every town rather than 100 miles away.

Otherwise the parcel would be returned to some remote courier depot that I can't get to... or worse still, leave it on the doorstep and hope that some passing tea leaf doesn't nick it.
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Hmm.........

I'm starting to sound like a B&H flunky.....guess what...I ain't.

Won't ship abroad?

Er, hello?

I've bought from them and I'm in, er, oh yeah, New Zealand, knew I was somewhere.

They ship anywhere. Just about anyone as does "on - line" ordering does the same. Couriers go where they're told, no more, no less.

Only deliver to the address of the Credit Card?

Why would anyone do anything else? Think about it.

If you require something different, you could always contact them to make special arrangements, heck, they are people, after all, not a machine!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #19
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mayer View Post
Last time I looked, B&H WOULDN'T ship abroad (i.e. outside US) anyway - so not only do lots of people in Europe not choose to use B&H, they CAN'T. I recall being handed a B&H catalogue at a UK Video Forum show in London with the apology "you can't actually buy anything from this, even online..."
We certainly DO ship abroad. You were probably told you couldn't buy from our reps at the trade show. We used to take orders at some shows (for merchandise to be shipped as we never have actual products for sale there) but too many local sales tax and other tax laws made doing so impossible. I am sorry for any misunderstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Beckett View Post
However, this reminded me of another reason why I haven't tried them - they only ship to your home address (your credit card address I suppose). I understand why - to combat fraud etc. - but it's just not practical for me, I prefer to get parcels delivered to my work address.
You cannot place a web order with a non-USA billing address and a different ship-to address (unless the ship-to is a residence address within the USA) for security reasons. But, you CAN place an order with a non-USA billing address and ship to your work address provided it's in the same country as your home if you order via phone/fax/email.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Posner View Post
But, you CAN place an order with a non-USA billing address and ship to your work address provided it's in the same country as your home if you order via phone/fax/email.
Henry,

Thank you for the clarification. This might come in handy in future!
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #21
Trustee

I’ve been enjoying their catalogs for years now even though the only thing I’ve ever bought from B&H is the Canopus ADVC-300. It gives a lot of wealth of information. The only negative is the mistakes that I’ve seen in some of their catalogs including the latest one which lists the Samsung SC-HMX20C for $299.95.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors