What Do You Think Of This Camera? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I think only the SD700 is only SD card, all the others have some sort of onboard flash, but I too would lean towards the flash either onboard or external (all the cameras should be able to record to either media), makes the camera smaller, lighter, and less to go wrong!

FWIW, I noticed in the Best Buy (US big box electronics store) ad what looked to be the camera you first referenced, under their "house brand" (Insignia), and at the $300 USD sale price, so perhaps it's not "that bad", I'll have to try to drop by the local store and see if they have one to poke at. Like anything else, cheap Chinese import stuff shows up all over in the market anymore - I'm reluctant to recommend it without actually seeing one hands on, there have to be compromises SOMEWHERE to get an HD camera to that price point...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition