Mouse problem with FCP: drops clips or do not respond to clicks. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 20th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mouse problem with FCP: drops clips or do not respond to clicks.

hi to all.

since i bought my macpro i've been noticing a very annoying problem when using FCP. there's a moment when the mouse stops to work properly and begins to drop clips when i try to move it or do not respond to clicks. two examples: 1- i want to move a clip from the end of the timeline to its beggining. in the middle of the way, it just drops the clip, as if i stoped pressing the mouse button. 2- i choose the pen tool so i can play with opacity and create fades. in the middle of the process of adjusting, it stops to work. i have to keep pressing several times to complete the action.

the problem is basically with the CLICK function. the cursor responds to the mouse properly, but when you click something to move it, it doesn't recognizes when you stop it and drops things. it happens only with fcp.

i'm using mac os x 10.4.10, fcp 6.0.1, though the problem happened when i was using fcp 5 too.

Last edited by Gustavo Godinho; July 20th, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
Gustavo Godinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Wrangler

Gustavo, I would recommend getting a usb mouse and plugging it in just as a process of elimination. I know you stated you're only having problems in FCP, but a second mouse plugged in would definitely point to the software if it continues to have a problem.

You might also swing by the Apple support forums and see if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks, greg. i was making this test yesterday, with other mouse, and the problem continued.
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Godinho View Post
thanks, greg. i was making this test yesterday, with other mouse, and the problem continued.
Hmmm, that's odd then. BTW, I've had a similar problem, but it's when the batteries in my bluetooth mouse get low. I thought I had a bona fide software problem the first time it happened. (grin)

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

yeah, but it's wired and it was never solved. anyone else?
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM   #6
Major Player

You're not alone, I remember having a similar problem a while back... I'm not sure what it was, but it seemed to have fixed itself after a while.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:19 AM   #7
Regular Crew

OMG, it's scary! 4 months with this problem and it didn't fix itself yet. what is it?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite