DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Tourist

Importing EDL from Premiere into FCP 5.1

Apologies if this has been asked before (a search a proved unsuccessful), but I've inherited a project built in Premiere Pro and want to transfer it over to my Mac.

I've exported an EDL (CMX3600) from Premiere and imported it into Final Cut Pro 5.1. While the audio seems fine, each of the video clips are resetting themselves to the start of the clip, rather than the correct in/out points.

I can't see anything hugely wrong with the EDL - all the in/out points and clip names are correct, FCP just seems to be ignoring them.

I am having to relink the files after importing the EDL - and FCP is telling me that beginning and ending points of the relinked clips aren't right, though I'm not sure what, if anything, I can do about it.

I'm also working in the first instance off a NTFS drive, could the fact that FCP can't write back to the drive be causing some confusion?

Any suggestions would be welcome...
Andy Coughlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Major Player

Looking for that same answer myself...
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Major Player

I'm familiar with both, but never transfered projects. If it comes to it, just export directly to a tape, then capture it in FCP.
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite