DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best settings for 120 minute DVD

I am using DVD pro 4 along with Final cut pro 6 I have a standard def. 120 video I would like to burn to DVD. I have tried several settings and am not happy with the quality. I need it to be the best I can make it. I don't mind going to a DVD 9 if I have to but if someone could help walk me through the best setting I would appreciate it.

I have tried by just exporting movie from FCP and then using the best settings in DVD Pro but get a rough look to some of the video and logos. I tried using compressor but the mpeg2 was not accepted by FCP.
John Arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Best settings for 120 minute DVD

The best workflow is to export a 'self contained' movie from FCP, import this into Compressor and use the 120 minute DVD setting, then drop the resulting 2 files - m2v and ac3 into DVDSP to author. This should give a good result, I use it all the time for 2 hour videos. You won't get good results if you use DVDSP to encode a .mov to DVD.

If your happy to go to DVD9 then use the 60 minute setting in Compressor instead of the 120 minute.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite