DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Tourist

60 FPS files in FCE question

I know this has been asked before, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any new solutions. I'm on a Mac, working with FCE, importing files shot with a 7D (.mov). I'm looking to get smooth slow mo clips by shooting my 7D in 60FPS mode. When I import files into FCE, it automatically cuts the number of frames, then doubles some frames up when I use the time adjustment. This give slow motion, but doesn't actually use all 60 of the frames shot--so the IQ isn't as good as it should be. I'm guessing that I'll need a different program to convert these clips pre-FCE. I know that it's possible to use Cinema Tools (and maybe after effects) to achieve this, but I can't really afford those options right now.

Is there an easy program that will convert full-speed clips to 24 fps (slow) using all 60 frames. I've tried MPEG Streamclip, which works, but takes forever.

Any free solutions out there that don't involve FCP and Cinema Tools?
Stephen
Stephen Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Trustee

Compressor is the best and easiest way of getting slow motion.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm still looking for a way to do this outside of Cinema Tools (bundled with Final Cut Studio). This should be an easy process only taking mere seconds to change the header information for the clip to play at 23.976. You should not have to re-render.

I think there is something within xtools that can do this. I forgot to look at this a while back.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite