DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Out put to Beta

I am sure this is a really stupid question but what do i need to out put to Beta Cam Sp for broadcast? I am going to be producing a show with Power Mac G5 and need to send it in Beta cam format i was wondering what I need and how to go about connecting it to my G5.
Thanks
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Wrangler

First, you need a BetacamSP deck and a way to control it (exact frame insert will likely be required for any broadcast master) with RS-422.

The best way to go about it is with a Decklink or Kona component card. I have my BetaSP deck (UVW1800) connected to an older G4 with a DecklinkSP card, which supplies component output, XLR stereo audio output, and a RS-422 connector for deck control. A separate genlock/sync generator isn't necessary because there is a way to connect the DecklinkSP to use its own sync generator.

You could also use a cheaper method by editing in DV, then use a DV camera to convert the firewire output to S-Video. You would need a USB serial key with a serial to RS-422 cable for deck control. This method is in no way as high quality as direct component output.

If you don't have a deck you should just contact a local post-production house and see if you can bring in a hard drive, connect it to one of their systems and output to BetaSP. This should be fairly inexpensive.
Old September 14th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thank you I think that I am going to go with the last option.
Brandon
Brandon Potthoff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite