5D mark II video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery
Post your 1D / 5D / 6D clips here... Vimeo links will automatically embed a player right in the post.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM   #1
5D mark II video
Vladimir Chaloupka Vladimir Chaloupka is offline December 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM

I've had my mark II for a few days and just finished editing my first clips in FCP:
Winter on Vimeo

Tried some variety, including night footage, hand held indoor shots (including some out of town friends, and fiancee Rachel and 3-month-old daughter Mira!) and the band Nosotros playing at El Farol in Santa Fe.

Overall, I just love the camera, the IS in the 24-105 really helps, and wide primes like the 24 and 35 can be handheld, although I think focusing is the biggest challenge.

Vladimir Chaloupka
Regular Crew
Views: 2449
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Nice video, where was it shot, pretty dog!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Oleg!
It was shot in Santa Fe, New Mexico (and more snow is coming down tonight!)
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:42 AM   #4
Major Player

Very nice. Has a strong sense of place. How do you like this camera compared to your older camcorders?
The color and 3Dness of your shots are great. In a few of the daylight scenes the blacks are really crushed. I hope we can keep the film look but avoid solid black.
Like your dog. I have an Australian Shepard who is similar.
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you Don--I'll try to experiment with the picture styles to see if I can open up the blacks a bit, but in general I like the contrasty, punchy image. I'm telling you, I haven't even touched my XH-A1 last week--just want to keep shooting with the 5D. Especially in low light there's really no comparison.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 04:53 PM   #6
New Boot

So Jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Chaloupka View Post
I've had my mark II for a few days and just finished editing my first clips in FCP:
Winter on Vimeo

Tried some variety, including night footage, hand held indoor shots (including some out of town friends, and fiancee Rachel and 3-month-old daughter Mira!) and the band Nosotros playing at El Farol in Santa Fe.

Overall, I just love the camera, the IS in the 24-105 really helps, and wide primes like the 24 and 35 can be handheld, although I think focusing is the biggest challenge.
Loved your short film. Santa Fe is my home but I am stuck here in Texas and I really miss it, especially the Farolitos lining all the buildings at Christmas.

I am loving my 5D Mk II. Shot my first short film (Bikers vs. Geeks II) with it Sunday. We captured audio externally with my Rode shotgun microphone onto a Fostex FR2.

Loved your choice of music. Which artist on Triple Scoop?

Keep the Santa Fe films coming for those of us stuck somewhere else.
Rod Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM   #7
New Boot

Rod, ironically while you are in Austin wishing you were in NM, I am in LA wishing I was in Austin!

Vlad, great work!!! Convinced me to place an order for the kit today for delivery (hopefully) tomorrow.
Mike Medlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM   #8
Major Player

Lovely footage! Snow in Santa Fe just can't be beat. And the rest of your footage, of course was amazing. Also, nice editing.

I'm wondering if you somehow protected your camera against the elements.
I read (somewhere), "The 5D Mark ii is more weather resistant than the original 5d."
What does that mean? Just how much weather can I brave? I'm guessing I don't want to go into pouring rain, but what about a drizzel? I won't walk into the waves, but can I shoot while getting misted by ocean serf or what about a heavy, wet fog/mist?
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:08 PM   #9
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Medlock View Post
Rod, ironically while you are in Austin wishing you were in NM, I am in LA wishing I was in Austin!

Vlad, great work!!! Convinced me to place an order for the kit today for delivery (hopefully) tomorrow.
Mike:

If one must live in Texas, Austin certainly is not too bad. It is about the only place in Texas I would live. Unfortunately, the once vibrant film industry here is not doing well thanks to huge incentives from the states of NM, Louisiana, and Michigan which have done a good job slowing it down and a lot of folks have left.

I would certainly prefer Austin over LA as well.

You will certainly love what you can do with the 5D Mk II despite its quirkiness. I hope Canon will listen to the filmmaker community and respond with full manual control.
Rod Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Thanks Rod--the artist from Triple Scoop is Shotgun Radio.

Mike, I know you'll enjoy your new 5D II--that's a pretty good x-mas present!

Matthew, I was pretty careful with it especially since it's so new, so I had a rain cover over it, but I'm guessing it could handle some light rain....
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:31 AM   #11
New Boot

Lovely. Can't wait to see the next one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD > EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery