"The Dead of Winter" by Chris Barcellos- DVC15 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Nicely shot. Your two actors felt really natural for the most part and the dialogue worked very well. It didn't end like I thought it would - I figured the old guy still had a trick up his sleeve - but that only served to give me a little shock and twinge of disappointment in the end which was very fitting.

Good stuff.

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Story of why Gordon thought he was due to be dispatched is left untold, he just, maybe as part of that way of life, accepted that it could come for any reason, any time. Maybe he knew too much.
That makes sense to me. I'd imagine anyone getting in to that line of work would brace themselves for this kind of thing, and reason or none they'd be ready for it.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Chris,

Very well done. I was impressed with the shots in the moving vehicle!!!

The end had me going. I thought the twist would be shooting his dog. I was surprised when he got blasted too!!! Of course it was all explained in the end!!!

In my world the guy just submitted to easily. I kind of expected to see him resolve his complication some way.

Very enjoyable

What a great entry
Old January 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Great story line. Especially liked the "road ends" sign in the background, very clever.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Tom- you were first to comment on that. While we didn't intentionally go to that site because the sign was there, it was a happy coincidence fitting into our story.

Dale: When I get home tonight, I will post a pick of my contration used to film from back seat.

Thank you, Steve, Trond, Joseph and Jay for your time in commenting, as well as Robert and Andris for your followups.
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Rig used to shoot in car

Here are some pic of rig I used to shoot in car. I simply shot from back and rested on acters shoulders for a pivot point, relaxing my grip to ride with the bumps.
Attached Thumbnails
"The Dead of Winter" by Chris Barcellos- DVC15-dsc08104.jpg   "The Dead of Winter" by Chris Barcellos- DVC15-dsc08106.jpg  

"The Dead of Winter" by Chris Barcellos- DVC15-dsc08105.jpg  
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #22
Major Player

Occam's Razor at its finest. Worked out well, thanks for the look behind the scenes!
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #23
Wrangler

the HV20 is such a versatile gadget...

not the dog!!!! nooooooo.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge