DVC 9 - "Nooner" - by Marco Wagner - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 24th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #16
Major Player

Marco,

Just kidding about the women stuff. You should've added a little redman chewing tobacco dribbling down for the full effect!

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Trustee

DANG!!! That WOULD have been a nice addition!!! Thanks, I'll be sure to get that in the next redneck short.
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #18
Regular Crew

and in my life the women have tarnished theirs! I guess we are a tarnished species? Hmm...I guess those apes should never have found the oblisk?

Im totally diggin that business in the front and party in the back, baby!!!

jesse
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #19
Trustee

LMAO, you rock Jesse, lol, that is great!
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #20
Major Player

I can see why the music was so important, it's interesting how some melodies get so imbued with certain emotions. I liked the sound effects, particularly at the start, and the little things you did to make it feel alien like tweaking the color of the vegetation. I might have liked a bluer sky in that hero shot near the end. Did you make it white to make it feel alien or was it just the approaching storm?

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Holodak View Post
I can see why the music was so important, it's interesting how some melodies get so imbued with certain emotions. I liked the sound effects, particularly at the start, and the little things you did to make it feel alien like tweaking the color of the vegetation. I might have liked a bluer sky in that hero shot near the end. Did you make it white to make it feel alien or was it just the approaching storm?

Smile,
Kris
Thank you very much for the comments. The first to mention how saturated I made the colors to give it a lil more alien feel :-) Music was essential, without that score we wouldn't have an entry to be honest. I cut it to the actual score from the movie and then thought I couldn't use it due to copyright. Then of course we had my composer rescore it to be legit, life saver. I think James Ray did well for the two or so days he had notice to recreate that melody. He added the didjeridoo for alien quality.

The sky, well, it was a little of both. The storm was to our backs and the sun high in the sky with a hazy cloud cover. It was very tough to get good exposure on my actor AND have a good sky. So I went for a milky white sky to stay consistant with the white star the planet orbits :-)
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #22
Wrangler

Guy humor…I see you possess a healthy amount of that, Marco!

Good shot choices. I’m glad you and your friends had a good time, congratulations on braving/surviving the inhospitable elements of that alien world in order to get the shots, and thanks for being a pleasant challenger. :)
Old August 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #23
Trustee

A most heady critique of a most simplistic concept...

And here goes...

Some theological scholars present as viable 'proof' for the existence of God a quasi-theological philosophy that humankind possesses an instinctive desire to search for or know 'God'. The fact that there exists just such a distinctive and far-reaching desire pre-supposes the existence of an end that can satisfy it.

In this manner of thought, a clarified desire cannot exist unless there is, in fact, something that can fulfill it.

And so it is with beer. The very base and carnal simplicity in the desire of this mystical 'beer' is validated by the instinctive 'knowledge' that there exists such a beer that will satisfy this desire.

Noonerman knows.......he knows in his heart that there is a beer to be found.

You sir, have captured the very essence (farts & all) of man's reason for existence...his drive...his motivation...his defining quest for fulfillment.

A beer, right around noon.

And, as you presented it in unflinching, unwavering, uncompromising terms..........it is indeed a universal truth.

-------------------

Also, I loved this short. It was a lot of run to revel in its brave, bold.....um....frankness. I especially loved the deep slow growl of glory at the very end.

Awesome.

-Jon
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
Guy humor…I see you possess a healthy amount of that, Marco!

Good shot choices. I’m glad you and your friends had a good time, congratulations on braving/surviving the inhospitable elements of that alien world in order to get the shots, and thanks for being a pleasant challenger. :)
Thank you Lorinda! We always have fun, if it's not fun, time to hang it up. I was the class clown and tend to still be, Levi, well he's just a natural, lol...
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #25
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
And here goes...

Some theological scholars present as viable 'proof' for the existence of God a quasi-theological philosophy that humankind possesses an instinctive desire to search for or know 'God'. The fact that there exists just such a distinctive and far-reaching desire pre-supposes the existence of an end that can satisfy it.

In this manner of thought, a clarified desire cannot exist unless there is, in fact, something that can fulfill it.

And so it is with beer. The very base and carnal simplicity in the desire of this mystical 'beer' is validated by the instinctive 'knowledge' that there exists such a beer that will satisfy this desire.

Noonerman knows.......he knows in his heart that there is a beer to be found.

You sir, have captured the very essence (farts & all) of man's reason for existence...his drive...his motivation...his defining quest for fulfillment.

A beer, right around noon.

And, as you presented it in unflinching, unwavering, uncompromising terms..........it is indeed a universal truth.

-------------------

Also, I loved this short. It was a lot of run to revel in its brave, bold.....um....frankness. I especially loved the deep slow growl of glory at the very end.

Awesome.

-Jon
LOL "A beer, right around noon" LMAO!!!

Wow, now that was deep! Noonerman! Love it. Can I use it? Thank you for that incredible review of our short. It is VERY much appreciated. You are very on-the-spot when it comes to your interpretation of the meaning of this particular meeting -great insight!

We've talked and plan to make an extended verison of that short and then have it meld right into the begining of the second installment of the Redneck Planet series.
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #26
Regular Crew

That was really funny. I am not sure that the females will find it as funny as we do, but I laughed a lot. Good job, congrats on the entry.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #27
Trustee

Women -Delicate flowers that know the real man...

So far none have been offended in my "test" group, lol. Thank you very much for your comments, we strive for funny. Sometimes we hit it, sometimes not.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!