Update about the total members count... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old April 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #31
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Do you go "Muwhwahaaaaa!!!!" as you're doing this. Because there is therapy for that.
Actually I go "gee, why did these people register and never bother to post anything." Trying to improve the site is my therapy for that!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #32
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
What can I say, it's an itchy trigger finger.
It's a Texas thing. We all have itchy trigger fingers.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Actually I go "gee, why did these people register and never bother to post anything." Trying to improve the site is my therapy for that!
As someone who registered a while ago and not really posted much...I can answer as saying I would like to add something intelligent to say, but have not come up with anything yet. Eventually maybe I will.
Randy Boose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #34
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks Randy, I'm sure you will. We've had problems in the past with certain folks posting an awful lot but not actually having something intelligent to say. Heh.

Old April 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #35
MPS Digital Studios

Quote:
Thanks Randy, I'm sure you will. We've had problems in the past with certain folks posting an awful lot but not actually having something intelligent to say. Heh.
To get post numbers up, I'm sure.

hwm
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #36
Regular Crew

'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post something and remove all doubt!

I have nothing meaningful to contribute yet, but registered in anticipation of the day when I actually know enough to express an intelligent opinion. Until then, I'll lurk, read, and most importantly, LEARN! My thanks to everyone who generously shares their knowledge and experience in these threads.

Aloha,

LVP
Larry Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #37
Obstreperous Rex

Much appreciated, Larry. To clarify for everyone, these mass exterminations which take place from time to time involve not only those with zero posts but also zero visits within a certain time frame (like say, 18 months or more). I consider a person who does not post but visits regularly to be an active member, and a potential contributor. We're getting rid of only the completely dead accounts, that is those with zero posts plus zero visits. The visits being the primary determining factor.

Old April 29th, 2006, 07:57 AM   #38
Regular Crew

"I consider a person who does not post but visits regularly to be an active member, and a potential contributor. "

Well that takes some of the pressure off. I visit this site every day because I find it not only very informative but also entertaining. But I'm pretty sure I will never have any thing very intelligent or informative to offer. Much like this post.

So in the future when any one sees one of my posts feel free to groan not him again and then disregard it.
Walter J Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #39
New Boot

Quote:
I consider a person who does not post but visits regularly to be an active member, and a potential contributor.
I would be one of those people!
Craig Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #40
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo guys. See, it's not hard to start contributing :-)

Don't be shy either. Of course there's not point to posting if you have nothing to say, but feel free to ask questions. They are often the seeds which grow into good threads that can help others who are just starting out. Then as you gain some experience your new-found knowledge can benefit people who are wrestling with the same problems.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #41
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Don't be shy either. Of course there's not point to posting if you have nothing to say, but feel free to ask questions. They are often the seeds which grow into good threads that can help others who are just starting out. .
Yeah, feel free to post seemingly simple questions... I've benefitted from reading answers to questions that I was either embarrassed to ask or didn't think to ask.

Ken
Ken Diewert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #42
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Welcome to DVinfo guys. See, it's not hard to start contributing :-)

Don't be shy either. Of course there's not point to posting if you have nothing to say, but feel free to ask questions. They are often the seeds which grow into good threads that can help others who are just starting out. Then as you gain some experience your new-found knowledge can benefit people who are wrestling with the same problems.
I first stumbled onto Chris's XL1 Watchdog site back in 1998 when I was thinking about buying one. After my XL1 purchase I continued to visit the site for info on operating it. Thanks a ton Chris. I don't remember visiting the dvinfo boards back then, when did this forum start up?

The reason I don't post any questions is because there is so much activity on these forums that I can usually find my answer with a quick search. With all the help I've gotten with these forums I guess I should step up and fufill my duty as a "potential contributor". I'm already on a roll with 2 posts!
Craig Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #43
MPS Digital Studios

Craig,

I found the Watchdog in early 1999 when doing research on buying my XL1 (which served me well for four years before I switched to HDV) and visited every so often after that. The announcement of a "mini-hd" camera (the JVC HD10) in spring 2003 led to me this board, which went live in, I believe, fall 2001.

Welcome all!

heath
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #44
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
led to me this board, which went live in, I believe, fall 2001.
Set the wayback machine for 2001....

http://web.archive.org/web/200112191...info.net/conf/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #45
MPS Digital Studios

Wow, how few sections to talk about cameras! My favorite part is "Most users ever online were 17 on November 2nd, 2001." The most recent "Most users ever online" update was on January 3rd, 2006 and it was 921 users.

Why January 3, I have no clue. Not during NAB 2006 or even Apple's unveiling of its first Intel Macs. Maybe January 3 was CES?

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements