DV3 Sweet Talker - Feedback - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 21st, 2005, 10:18 PM   #16
New Boot

The acting was especially great in this one. His reactions are perfect.
Old September 21st, 2005, 10:36 PM   #17
Major Player

Like a lot of people I thought he wanted to make disappear the garbage then his wife. But what he did was much better. The actor is very good, the special effects are invisible (means very well done), the picture is beautiful and I must forget a lot of things.

Well, I saw 2 things that I didn't like. One is the actor having a very quick glance at the camera (the DV) when he gets up I believe. The other one is the construction of the shot when he takes out the camera. I think it would have desserved another position for the DV.

But this movie is the best one I saw so far for the DVC3. Great job !
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 10:52 PM   #18
Major Player

Great short. The end worked well. I liked the lava light too. I used one in my short. They are great for movement and mood.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 11:02 PM   #19
Regular Crew

This is my favorite short thus far. It may be a cliched story, but it's extremely well acted, and funny as hell. As soon as I heard the cat meow from under the table I couldn't stop laughing. Also, the ending was not as expected, so awesome job on that.
Tyler Baptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 11:38 PM   #20
Skyonic New York

the acting was excellent...it was very well done

quick question i noticed the tape on the box was not sticking to the box, was that so the actor could easily take it off and do the physical comedy with the tape stuck to his hand or is it because you had to do more then one take
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:05 AM   #21
New Boot

Hi,

Tim improvised the tape stuck to hand part, and I think it adds loads to the comedy, and some good sound

The tape wasn't stuck down to the box for 2 reasons. First we turned the end over so he could easily start opening and not fumble for the end of the tape.

But more importantly, was that we ran out of tape after the 2nd or 3rd take so we had to reuse the last piece again, so in reset between takes someone had to straighten, and reapply the now-repidly-losing-its-stick tape. I think the shot that made it to the flm was one of the last. well noticed!

Andrew
Andrew Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:16 AM   #22
Wrangler

i just have to chime in to say again how much i enjoyed this....

i was out walking my dog last night and thinking about this video again. just like any other mega-consumer, i usually consume (chomp, chomp) and forget about what i watched, for the most part. whenever a film stays with me beyond the moment i watched it, that, to me, is the hallmark of something really good.

i just love how the whole things occurs in such a tightly confined space (can it get much more tightly confined than the interior of a camera?) and how the entire video is resolved off-screen, in a totally imaginary space. you resolve the whole thing with a black screen and a few suggestive sounds. showing us nothing reveals everything.... brilliant! genius!

fantastic work, y'all.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 10:21 PM   #23
Major Player

Okay, Andrew and Lisa I've finally had time to look at the day three films and have to say, for your first time, you did an excellent job. Yes, I too thought the husband was going to suck his wife into the camera so it seems you did a good job of fooling us all!

At first I was somewhat annoyed by the repetitious loop of music, but then it dawned on me that it really played well off the boring, slow-paced life of the husband.

Great job!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge