problems converting 1080p60 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old June 24th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

problems converting 1080p60

I have a Sony CX700v, shooting 28 MBps 1080p60. I tried converting the .MTS files to .MOV using ClipWrap (paid version), which produces files that QuickTime can play just fine but FCPX and iMovie '11 can't handle. I thought that meant that FCPX couldn't handle some aspect of the video being produced from the little Sony, but I've now discovered that Remux can convert the files to .MP4 or .M4V successfully and those files are useable by FCPX.

Any idea why converting with ClipWrap didn't work? It would seem odd that FCPX would like .MP4/.M4V better than .MOV.

One other thing about the .MOV files that ClipWrap produces -- the Preview feature in Snow Leopard can play every other one. There's nothing wrong with specific files, but every 2nd file that I ask it to preview comes up as black (but if I come back to it after failing to play a file, it works fine). The preview feature doesn't work at all with Remux .MP4 files, but works just fine with .M4V.
Terence Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media

Re: problems converting 1080p60

It sounds like you might be using our current version, 2.4.1? Double check that you are, and if it's still not working, shoot me an email directly - dmsupport@divergentmedia.com.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap