How did they do this? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:36 PM   #16
Major Player

I'd probably try to use something like Motion or AE (expressions and/or particles) to drive the creation/animation of the various 2D "display elements" in the music animation.

Then just comp those onto 2D planes in 3D space with AE or Shake to match the hand positions.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:08 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Jushchyshyn
I think that you're generally correct for about 90% of the effects in the ad series.
The music display did look like something that could have been just as do-able in AE than a 3D app.
Yeah, thanks Nick, that's what I meant. Most of what you see could have been done, or at least emulated pretty effectively with AE, but for sure, its a bigger budget production and I'm betting they wouldn't have hesitated to use a true 3D app for anything they needed. For all I know, they could have used a 3D app for everything, but much of it could have be done with AE as well.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects