Odyssey Feature Request - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old August 13th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Re: Odyssey Feature Request

Again thanks Dan.

I was not aware of the 480/960 ability with the 7Q, I know quality is not the same as 240 and/or RAW, but definitely nice to have this option.

I did not mean to permanently replace LUT or GUIDE, but if it was possible to customize these soft buttons, I am sure other users would find other usage as well as my shortcuts :)

Will try the hide video function with the O7Q.

Thanks,
Ole
Ole Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Aerts View Post
I find that the hide function should work a bit different. The video or menu unhides too easily with the slightest touch! Most times when I want to reposition the screen I accidently activate one or more functions... That is really annoying. The hide function should also take out any function. I suggest to reveal with a 2-3 seconds touch&hold or even better only in a small specific area. And to cover the ones that not have read the manual: with a touch, only display shortly a message like "touch&hold lower right corner for buttons"
Dear Ron,

We can consider your suggestions.

We have to be very careful to ensure that if one invokes the Hide function that they have an easy way to unhide it, otherwise this could interfere with a shoot.

But, your suggestions address that issue.

You could use the Screen Lock function prior to repositioning the unit.

Respectfully,
Old August 19th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #48
Major Player

Dan, just as a suggestion, I noticed that when I am positioning the image around the screen, a finger contact movement causes the image to move in the opposite direction of how images move in iPhones from finger swipes.
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Dear Dave,

If you update to our latest firmware, 2.11.110, then you have a choice over how it works.

One of the two options should feel natural.

Press and hold the Zoom Icon to see the options.

Respectfully,
Old August 30th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #50
New Boot

Dan,

Here a few of my request for future feature updates:

1). Color frame/guide lines
2). Shaded areas outside frame/guild lines
3). Put monitor into power save mode while connected to a video signal.
4). Center mark cross hairs.

Love the new features CD has added. Can't wait for multi-cam recording. Thanks for such a great product.

Brian
Brian Hoodenpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:03 AM   #51
Inner Circle

Dear Brian,

It is very nice to hear that you like our Odyssey7Q.

Thank you for your suggestions.

We have been discussing ways to improve our frame/guide lines. We will take your suggestions into consideration.

And the center mark would be a nice addition.

For Item 3, I assume that you want us to power down, as much as possible, when desired, while the camera is still on. This would require some action on your part to "wake up" the unit again.

I assume that you want to keep your camera on, but put the Odyssey7Q to sleep to save power.

I also assume that you would want us to keep the touch screen alive so that any touch would restore normal operation.

(We would want the "Wake Up" process to be as intuitive as possible, in case someone accidentally enters the "Sleep Mode".)

Respectfully,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey