Quadro SDI in PP5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 26th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Quadro SDI in PP5

Hi

Is it possible to monitor dual link SDI stereo in PP over Nvidia SDI outputs?

Thank You
-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If is it not currently (not my area) it will be as we support that in FirstLight now.
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi

I dont know much about PP or Nvidia so I will ask more plain questions before running out and dropping huge amount of money on a card that I might need.

1. Is it possible to use Nvidia SDI in PP at all?
2. Will cineform work with Nvidia SDI in PP or firstlight?
3. The stere output question....

Maybe there are somebody out here using Nvidia SDI monitoring option, then how reliable is it (I have heard that their support is worse than AJA or BMD)?
Is there any advantage to use Nvidia SDI, better support for RT because rendering happens on same card?

Thank You
-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Sponsor: CineForm

Yes its possible. Here's how:

1. in the NVidia Control Panel, go to the Workstation Heading and in the 'Send Graphics to SDI Output' section select the "Do not send SDI Outupt" option. This will prevent the card from sending the contents of your windows screen to the SDI ouput.

2. in Premiere, using a CineForm sequence, launch the playback settings options and in the NVidia Dropdown menu select the setting that matches the expected input on your preview device. Ideally this should also match your timeline settings. Keep the 3D playback check box selected for 3D playback. Unchecking this will initiate Left Eye only playback.

Note: 3D Playback is 8-bit only.

In First Light you get to the OpenGL Playback Settings through 'View' menu. Then select the NVidia options the same as you would in premiere (above).
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase