Need to see CFRAW MOV on low spec PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need to see CFRAW MOV on low spec PC

Hi

I need to watch dailies on 1.8 c2d laptop, I dont want to rewrap to avi, can I do this in RT, because right now when I disable all metdata it is still roughly 12fps.

Thank You
-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspar Kallas View Post
Hi

I need to watch dailies on 1.8 c2d laptop, I dont want to rewrap to avi, can I do this in RT, because right now when I disable all metdata it is still roughly 12fps.

Thank You
-Kaspar
Hello Kaspar,

I am not sure you will have enough CPU to see this correctly. Have you tried under Windows to limit the quality to hale decode?

Check the Cineform tech blog on how to do it here

http://techblog.cineform.com/?p=183

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi

Thnx for the suggestions but the fast decode option does not have any influence over MOV files....
AVI work like this fine.

-Kaspar
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Major Player

Kaspar, run a test. bring a clip that you want as a daily into First Light, then select the bilinear demosaic option. Bilinear is the simplest demosaic. If a more sophisticated demosaic is being used it'll tax the CPU more heavily.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi

It was blin by default, could we get the half/quater debayer for QT as batch(rename) not to create copies of the original - it would help many directors by having possibility to prepare for editing on their own computer. Going through conversion is very painful, maybe another util extra to HDlink or ReMaster that will change the QT header?
Maybe this would allow to use RAW files in FCP on uncompressed or ProZ timeline for RT effects?

-Kaspar
Old September 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Regular Crew

ReMaster on the Mac allows you to rewrap a QT mov so it does a half res decode. If you have a 7200 RPM drive this does allow playing full speed on a Macbook (2 GHz). It may be close on the 1.8g. I also don't know if Apple releases the most efficient version of QT on Windows.
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Craig,
I could wrap them to avis then? what would be the solution not to make an extra copy of the files (about 4TB of them).
What is the point of rewraping by making new copy of the file, then the workflow is the same offline/online like it has been for years - I have hoped to change that with cineform, no?

-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase