Neo Scene -- various topics - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #46
CTO, CineForm Inc.

AE7 is not an Intel native application, you need at least AE CS3 for Intel support, required by any Intel based codec. CS4 is not yet support on the PC, but no issue on the Mac (we just use the QuickTime layer.)
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Carr View Post
I just purchased Neo Scene to work with my 5d Mark 2 files on my Mac Book Pro. The trouble I am having is when I go into After Effects 7 and try to use the files, I get no picture. I can import the files and play them. I hear the audio but the picture isn't there, just a blank screen of white.

I will upgrade to CS4 eventually but want to wait until CS4 is supported.

Any help would be really appreciated.
You may need to disable some pixel formats in the preference pane. I ran into the same problem with iMovie on a Mac Book (non-pro).
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Craig, AE7 is a PowerPC only application, within the Intel native implementation, Intel based codecs don't show up.
Old February 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #49
Regular Crew

The new "b" version fixed the problem for me also.

Thank you for fixing it so fast.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:54 AM   #50
Trustee

Neo Scene - no audio

Without having changed any settings, whenever I try to convert AVCHD files via Neo Scene, there is no audio on the clip. Playing it back on Media Player, there is no sound, but if I import the clip into CS3 or PE7, there is just a continous machine-gun type sound...
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #51
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Install the audio decoder from AC3Filter.net, and reconvert.
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #52
Major Player

Dipping my toes in the water David.....Looking to download the trial shortly.

Are there any plans to convert the captured MTS stream to a separate audiom for ease of CPU cycles on the editing timeline?? When i see Cineform AVI's advertised on your website, i always assume that audio would be uncompressed within your AVI..

Can i assume that any audio decompressor built in to your codec, is as accurate and easy to handle as any Windows .WAV file?

Thnx..
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #53
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The audio with a CineForm AVI is the same as a WAV file, it is uncompressed 16-bit stereo (typically.) We don't put compressed audio in our files.
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #54
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Install the audio decoder from AC3Filter.net, and reconvert.
Thank you David, did that and it all works again. Can't understand how the bit of software went missing though. It was strange, since on trying to play back the converted file in WMP, it took a while as it "aquired codec" and then ran without audio... just a Windows moment I guess!
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM   #55
Major Player

Neo HDV access after Neo Scene installed?

I really had no complaints with Neo HDV before it was orphaned, but I took advantage of the upgrade offer to get Neo Scene. Now I can't access the Neo HDV version of HD Link which would handle several input formats that Neo Scene won't: .mov and .avi. This means that I can't use .mov footage from my Kodak Zi6 anymore. Is there any way to still access the Neo HDV version of HD Link after Neo Scene is installed? This upgrade is feeling a little bit like a downgrade right now.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 06:27 PM   #56
Regular Crew

you can have one or the other installed, but not both. NeoScene has fewer options than NeoHD
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:17 PM   #57
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Not quite, if you install Neo Scene without uninstalling Neo HDV, they might coexist.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM   #58
Tourist

Neo Scene Newbie Struggling with PPRo CS3

I have a new Sony HDR-S11 and have purchased Neo Scene. I have some experience with PPRo CS3, but always in SD and this is my first adventure into editing and outputting HD. However I seem to be stymied every step of the way, almost like there's some lost "How to use PPro CS3 with Neo Scene" instruction manual that I haven't found.

Instead of writing everything that I have already tried (and I have tried ALOT of combinations!), I'm going to explain what I want to do. I am not a professional videographer and don't have strict requirements for my video quality. I'm editing home movies and my kid's school projects and plan on outputting to SD DVD and/or Blu Ray DVD. I have a decent Windows XP machine with a 3.0ghz Core2Duo, 8800 GTS, 2GB of RAM, plenty of hard drive space.

I have a bunch of AVCHD clips that I shot at 1440 x 1080 and have successfully used Neo Scene to convert them to .AVI files.

I want to edit this footage and output one big master Cineform .avi file.

Now I load up Premiere. What should my new project settings be? I see no presets for Cineform or Neo Scene.

After I have the above answer, I edit my footage and use Export Movie to create the master Cineform .avi file. What should my Export Movie settings be (including resolution, field order, and aspect ratio)? Should I use Adobe Media Encoder and if so, what settings should I use there?

Finally I've heard that some workaround needs to happen when I want to convert my Cineform AVIs to SD DVD. The instructions on the cineform site mention using the FIle Type dropdown box to find a Cineform preset.. which doesn't exist for me.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience with my questions.
Phil Lochner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #59
Trustee

Phil, The advice I had from David Newman:
"New project, custom settings, then select desktop mode. From here you can create any preset you like."

Set the frame size to whatever you have been shooting, ie, 1440 x 1080, 1.33 pixel sze, upper/ lower frame etc.

Don't worry that you see a red bar on the timeline, CS3 will still handle the clips without having to render them first...
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #60
Regular Crew

Also, in the Program window, set the playback to Draft Quality. It will playback MUCH better in CS3
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase