3 Brazilian Commercials Shot with XL-H1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #16
New Boot

that looks really good for beeing shot to tape with the stock lens. that makes up my mind on getting the xl h1 instead of the hvx200. thanx andrea
Alex Kalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Major Player

looks very nice. I may want the women to come with the shoes though ;) My only grip is the women are all in action shots, but then the shoes are %80 filmed 'static', kind of throws the flow of it off for me, especially since their legs are usually wide stance, then the shoe shots the feet are always together, and don`t seem to be in the same locations as the women. I personally would have included at least one shot connecting the legs to the women as well, as a shot either shows the upper part of the body, or just the feet, again feels disconnected to me.
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #18
Major Player

Very nice! Congratulations!
While we can debate over the content and direction, sometimes the client wants it his way, that shouldn't take us from appeciation for the quality of the camera and good work of Director of Photography!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:25 AM   #19
Major Player

Just curious of how did you encode video for the internet, the quality is amazing for file size!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks, Oleg!

The file is encoded by quicktime 7. It is a H.264 file, the best that I know.

:))
Andrea Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:47 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
looks very nice. I may want the women to come with the shoes though ;) My only grip is the women are all in action shots, but then the shoes are %80 filmed 'static', kind of throws the flow of it off for me, especially since their legs are usually wide stance, then the shoe shots the feet are always together, and don`t seem to be in the same locations as the women. I personally would have included at least one shot connecting the legs to the women as well, as a shot either shows the upper part of the body, or just the feet, again feels disconnected to me.
You are right, Nathan. But it was planned to be like that. Its a very common language among the commercials here in Brazil. The product and the model doesn't have to be connected all the time. We call it "pack-shot". The client gave us 9 pack-shots to be inserted in the 3 commercials. Each commercial has 15 seconds. Making a connection between model and shoes would take a long time, and we would miss a lot of beautiful images, breaking the mood.

;-)
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #22
Major Player

interesting, so did they give you footage of the feet and just have you film the models and scenery? (sorry it seems a little unclear to me if a 'pack-shot' is something preshot, or a 'must include') The camera work and image quality are great, I was just looking at it as a whole production rather than just marveling at the H1`s ability. A great tool doesn`t make great productions, great people who use them do.
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
interesting, so did they give you footage of the feet and just have you film the models and scenery? (sorry it seems a little unclear to me if a 'pack-shot' is something preshot, or a 'must include') The camera work and image quality are great, I was just looking at it as a whole production rather than just marveling at the H1`s ability. A great tool doesn`t make great productions, great people who use them do.
No, they didn't gave us any footage. Sorry if I didn't explain the process very well. It is a "must include", like you said.

I completely agree with you. A great tool doesn't make great productions.
Old March 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #24
Trustee

Andrea, I am taking your advise and will get a rain cover for my XL-2 prior to heading down to Brazil. I will be there last two weeks in June. Thanks for the advise. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:24 AM   #25
Inner Circle

Wow!

Andrea,

Congratulations, that was beautiful! I wish I could use my XLH1 that well.

Practice Practice Practice.

Thanks for posting this.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; March 9th, 2007 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Hey Bob!
One more advice.
You should bring a very good insect repellent as well.
Sometimes you are gonna need it.
Hope you enjoy your trip to my country.
:)

And Mike,
Feedback like your keeps me going.
Thank you so much.

:))
Andrea Beck is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders