Win a free XL H1 at the Canon USA Six City Tour - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 31st, 2006, 01:59 PM   #16
Trustee

Chris,
Any idea when and how they announce the winner?
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 02:11 PM   #17
Obstreperous Rex

No idea at all, but I'll try to find out!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:46 AM   #18
New Boot

I haven't seen a posting from anybody who attended one of the events yet, so here is my short description.

I attended the Chicago event yesterday at the 1:00 time slot. Very impresive set up, but low turn out. They had plenty of seating but I would say only about 12-14 people.

Started with a movie showcasing the h1. They did confirm in the movie that the wide angle lens will be released in October. No other info or details from the people I spoke to after the movie.

After the movie, they directed us into another room where they had all the toys. Several cameras to play with, FCP and Avid editing, A PC and mac running console software and a full multicamera set up. The multicamera set was the watchmaker set with the watchmaker himself on set and working. It was a full (small/portable) controlroom setup with monitors, decks and switcher. Like Chris' original posting said, this was a hands on event, so we were able to play with anything we wanted.

-Bill

New Lenox IL
William Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Potter
I haven't seen a posting from anybody who attended one of the events yet, so here is my short description.
Actually we did have a report from Miami...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68200

Thanks for the description, William -- the Los Angeles and New York events should be packed. A couple of those time slots are already at full capacity.

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:05 PM   #20
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Chris, Any idea when and how they announce the winner?
Canon USA is notifying the winners by email. This is fairly news-worthy, so if I can get the required permissions, I'll let you guys know who the lucky so-and-so is for the events that have already happened.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM   #21
Obstreperous Rex

This morning I found out that Canon USA is calling the winners by phone. So far the Miami and Chicago winners have been contacted, and I've been told they were both pretty excited... who wouldn't be, winning a $9,000 camcorder just for attending a seminar? Heh.

The Chicago winner is actually a DV Info Net member! It's up to him if he wants to come forward... for privacy concerns, I'm not going to reveal their names. Still four more H1's to give away... Nashville, Los Angeles, Denver and New York.

Some of these events are chock full already, in Los Angeles and New York the seminars are filling up fast if not already full... but, if you can make it to the Denver show and if it's not too crowded, then your chances of winning that H1 are actually pretty high.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:44 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Special Thanks

Hello all,

I just returned from the last session of the H1 seminar in Nashville.

Big thanks to Chris Hurd for passing the invitation information along to all of us. Also, thanks to all the Canon reps at the seminar--very helpful.

The session was informative and fun. I really enjoyed the set-up with the watchmaker in attendance.

The footage projected during the video portion was quite beautiful. The commercial production footage from the V8 and Prego shoots was astounding.

Once again, thanks to Chris, the Canon reps, and the people at NorthStar studios in Nashville.
Old June 5th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #23
Obstreperous Rex

Denver coming up next week! See http://www.fvesco.com/digloft.htm

Old June 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #24
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
You guys that want the sampler DVD but can't get to the tour... I'll try to do some arm-twisting at Canon to see what I can come up with. Maybe they'll let me have a batch to mail out to ya. It has both SD and HD versions of the 24F Watchmaker and 60i Italy demo material.
One more (probably final) call -- those of you have have sent me an email requesting this DVD, the mail out will happen at the end of the XL H1 Road Show in Manhattan next week. The discs are still on the ADM truck that's driving the set around from city to city, we'll get them when the show breaks on Wednesday. If you weren't able to attend but want the sampler DVD, this is your chance, let me hear from you by email. U.S. residents only please! Hope this helps,

Old June 30th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #25
New Boot

I Won the Chicago XL H1

Hey all. Today I became the proud owner of the XL H1 courtesy of the Canon HD Event in Chicago back in May.

I was told almost a month ago I was the Chicago winner of the camera, but being that this is the first time I’ve ever won anything with a value more than ten dollars, it didn’t become real to me until the camera arrived.

Thanks to every one on this forum because this was the forum that helped me choose the XL H1 as my entry point into HD, and I’ve spent every day browsing and learning from this forum since being told I had won the camera. Hopefully I can be a contributor to the forum going forward.

I’ve been in the Television business for over 20 years and will be using the camera for commercials, News projects, a film in November, and a city guide I do. And because I got the camera for free, there will be quite a few free non-profit organization projects that will help me get over the guilt of winning.

Once again, Thanks everyone.

Gordon Lake
Gordon Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #26
Obstreperous Rex

Awesome -- great to hear from you, Gordon! And I'm really proud that at least one DV Info Net member is the winner of one of the six cameras that Canon gave away. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Old June 30th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #27
Trustee

Gordon,

Congratulations!

Good to hear you will be helping non-profits. The great thing about this forum is the shared advice amongst users.

Ken
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Gordon.

WOW! Congratulations man, and have fun!
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Gordon, I am very happily jealous for you.

So, after they told you and you hung up the phone, what was the first thing you did?
Bill Zens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #30
Wrangler

happy for you, most excellent. christmas in july.

wah wah for me, since i did not win...i guess i shoulda signed up a few more cousins or something.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders