XH A1 and the Firestore FS-4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Tourist

XH A1 and the Firestore FS-4

Hey everybody,

This is my first post here. And I love this site. But anyway, I was wondering if anyone has found a way to "attach" their Firestore to the A1. I know that you can hook it on your belt, but I was shooting a golf tournament down here in Destin, Fl. the other day and I just hated the firewire cable going around me and getting caught up when I walked down the fairway. Also, I didn't like not being able to immediately see the progress of the FS-4's recording status; I had to unclip it off my belt and look at it too make sure it was recording (FYI: it was on camera-sync mode) I just feel I couldn't trust the Firestore, becuase I guess with me everything is based around Murphy's law.

But sorry for the rant, I just want to know if anyone has tried attaching the Firestore to the camera (like directly on the back by using velcro, or something).

And I'm open to ANYTHING that I can try. (today's my day off) 8)

Thanks for listening!
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Major Player

I use the jimmy box with the gl2, should also work with the xha1.

the jimmy box will hold the fs4 and a tekkeon battery; it is a tight fit but works well. you can see the record light on the fs4 to verify it is recording.

let me know if you have any questions, here is the link to the jimmybox.

www.jimmybox.com
George Bean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders