It's too small.. how do you stabilize it? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 13th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Padilla
Sweet! Ok, its time to call them.. :)
BTW please be sure to mention us (michael & rebecka a.k.a. VisualMasterpiece) when you call in :)
Mike, quick question also..Does the Battery Clamp (sled) give you the option to be mounted via a camera hotshoe, instead of on the handle.
This way I could use a standoff hotshoe adapter that would enable me to mount the camera light and the battery holder on the same hotshoe.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #17
Major Player

that is funny.. in a cool way.. what kind of videography do you focus on?
Old November 14th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Padilla
that is funny.. in a cool way.. what kind of videography do you focus on?
Wedding and Event Vidoegraphy (recitals, live performancees and such).
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Wade
Hey Noel, which mattebox are you using? Can you give me a link?
Everything here in Tokyo is expensive so I am using the Cavision set up with Redrock 18 inch rods. Ill post a complete pic, mattebox, rods, shoulder mount.. mattebox, rods, shoulder mount plus m2. Wait til tomorrow.
Noel Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Noel, that would be really appreciated .. decent shoulder mounting without breaking the bank is the only remaining question-mark over my A1 purchases :) Don't want to find that my ideas won't work once I have it all in my hands. Plus I don't have any handycam type cameras to play with to test it out.
Kris Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Bird
Noel, that would be really appreciated .. decent shoulder mounting without breaking the bank is the only remaining question-mark over my A1 purchases :) Don't want to find that my ideas won't work once I have it all in my hands. Plus I don't have any handycam type cameras to play with to test it out.
Kris, you may want to take a look at the NEW DV Multi Rig from DVTec.

I have 2 threads going in the Support Your Local Camera section.

One is my initial review:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=74945

and the other thread, shows some pics on my website of my setup and configurations using a Sony VX2100 (much larger setup than I would need with an A1, (as the built in XLR's and shockmount, wuld eliminate the need for a Beachtek box and mounting the mic on the handle):
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=78500

I took a look at the A1 last night in my BVA meeting as a rep from Canon showed us the new cams from Canon.
It was already #1 on my radar, and this just about confirmed that this will be my next big purchase.
The DvMulti Rig will work fantastic with this camera. And my setup will get event smaller than what is shown on my website, as I will have the addition of built in XLR's and a shock mount on the camera, thus shrinking my comfiguration a bit. Add a new LED light from either Sony or Varizoom (runs on camera batteries) and I reduce hanging cables, further streamlining my setup.

Right now as it is I can shoot in about 10-15 totally different shooting configurations rock solid and fatigue free for an entire 8-12 hour shoot.
BTW the new optical stabalization on the A1 is totally awsome, as is the very quick auto focus.
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot
...the built in XLR's and shockmount...
Do those of you who've tried it agree that the supplied mic mount is good enough not to need a separate shock-mount when using an on-camera mic? What sort of mics have been tried so far? How much motor and handling noise is transmitted through each?

TIA

(or maybe this should be a new thread...?)
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot
Mike, quick question also..Does the Battery Clamp (sled) give you the option to be mounted via a camera hotshoe, instead of on the handle.
This way I could use a standoff hotshoe adapter that would enable me to mount the camera light and the battery holder on the same hotshoe.
No just as show in photos; clamp mount for the battery sled.. its quite nice though and you can remove the clamp and attach the sled with a screw somewhere..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders