Audio ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:14 AM   #1
Major Player

Audio ?

I don't seem to find much info about A-1 audio. I can't find anything about the mic. When I first saw the shotgun mount I figured there was no on board mic, but looking more closely I think I see stereo mic grills. True?

I see 2 channel rather than 4. (I'm finally replacing my great old XL-1, couple of bad pixels) I got used to the 4 channel since Scenalyzer capture allowed me to mix easily in Premier. Actually, since stereo doesn't mean much to me it's OK. I usually use the onboard mic and a pzm somewhere and choose or mix in post.

I do events, lots of gyms, no control over sound - whisper to explosion. Outboard compressor/limiter a must. I'd love to know what kind of limiting, if any, is built in to the A-1.

Thanks for any info or links.

Brad
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Ok, I found the mic stuff on Chris's FAQ at the watchdog. Sorry 'bout that, I really did go there first, but... anyway, thanks Chris.

Still looking forward to hearing user comments on the audio section.

Brad
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders