Shooting Live Band-Audio Help - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Thorstenson View Post
I'm the drummer for the 1910 Fruitgum Company, we had gold records back in the late 60's.
I always wanted to tape and record one of our concerts. I decided on the Canon XH-A1.
Just got the Camera and looking forward for our next gig. My wife will be using the camera and being a event Photographer I'm sure she will do a good job.

My question is audio. I will be using 2 condenser M-Audio XLR mics. Using a line from the board would not be good as the mix used live is not the same as a studio MIX.
Should I use the mic attn to help with the sound levels. I also have a Tascam field recorder that I could bring into Final Cut Express. I understand it won't be perfect, just want something for myself and our web site 1910 Fruitgum Company
Thanks for any help
Phillip - I worked with Frank at NYCSERV a few years back (2001 - 3?), see if he remembers me. I am in northern NJ, and have an A1 and also a tascam hd-p2, mikes, etc. Let me know if you guys need help at any gigs around here, I could help you out.
Dave Stern is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders