XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Closed Thread

Old September 25th, 2007, 05:39 AM   #166
Major Player

Thanks Mr. Chapman

After playing a lot with the customs found in the library I must say that the ones called AC Pref 1 and Ave Film are pretty amazing. Mr. Chapman, I think you were right on it. Very subtle and refined. Thanks again
Larry
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #167
Major Player

If one wanted to use just one of the custom presets listed, how easy is it to individually change each of the settings listed? How once changed, does the XH-A1 then stick with those settings w/o reverting to the factory settings?
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:28 PM   #168
Major Player

Are you serious? You make your adjustments to the preset... save it... voila!

Bill
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #169
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Busby View Post
Are you serious? You make your adjustments to the preset... save it... voila!

Bill
I don't have the XH-A1 yet - finishing up my comparisons between it and a Sony, and trying to understand how the presets work is part of my research. I think the XH-A1 is the one I will be getting (as soon as I can swing it financially).
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #170
Major Player

Stephen, I suppose my point was, although indirect... what would be the purpose of a "preset" if it wasn't meant or possible to be saved? Don't all presets work like this no matter what the application is?

Good luck on your eventual purchase :)
Bill
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #171
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Busby View Post
Stephen, I suppose my point was, although indirect... what would be the purpose of a "preset" if it wasn't meant or possible to be saved? Don't all presets work like this no matter what the application is?

Good luck on your eventual purchase :)
Bill
Your right. I should have thought that one through a bit more.
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #172
New Boot

1950's Movie Look

Hi - This forum is fantastic! Thanks to everyone who has generously shared their knowledge and helped us newbies with the presets.

Using the presets given here, I've been using them as a base to start experimenting on my own. But I need a littke help with trying to create that lush saturated look of color films from the 1950's.

I'm shooting on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and when I want to cut to a scene that could be in the past, I could go with a sepia look, but I'd like to try using the look I've described as it matches Cunard's (the steamship line's) own publicity shots from that era.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Scott
Old October 29th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #173
Major Player

I may have missed it, but is there a link to sample clips of the presets from the first post that are not so dark?
Old November 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #174
Major Player

When you have the SD card in, does it cycle through the presents with the "onboard" ones first (Are there 6 of those total?) and then does it cycle through the ones on the card?
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #175
Trustee

Yes, it cycles through the card and then starts all over again with the on-board settings. I haven't found a way of giving each setting a unique name, this would be a handy feature instead of seeing a set of numbers.
Old November 19th, 2007, 03:36 PM   #176
Regular Crew

Presets

I tried to read through the preset discussion, but it has become a little bit extensive.

A lot of XH A1 users are very interested in this section. Even more: it has become the reference for this subject. Not very surprising: Canon did not a very good job in providing both an true in-depth explanation in the manual and some real examples ready for application in the field!

To CH: I realize it's probably quite some work, isn't it possible to revise the preset library at the beginning of thread, and add all the preset-variants made in this forum, incl. the original spreadsheet containing all param's?

We would be grateful till the end of our XH A1 life (who knows with what Canon will come by that time ;-) )
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:08 AM   #177
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Supan View Post
Steven,
Your VividRGB preset I've noticed skin tone is slightly more on red color, can you guide me which color settings to adjust to tone down reddish skin? Thanks.

Nathan
Hey Nathan, I was just wondering if you managed to figure this out for I have not seen a reply to your post and I have the same question.

Thanks
Domenic
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #178
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Sobel View Post
If one wanted to use just one of the custom presets listed, how easy is it to individually change each of the settings listed? How once changed, does the XH-A1 then stick with those settings w/o reverting to the factory settings?
To answer your question, you do not have to save it for it to remain in tact.

But its wise to save it to SD card when you're happy with your results.

To change the setting is a no-brainer, and you'd find more info about this if you check out the A1 manual listed as a sticky up here.
Old December 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #179
New Boot

sugestions needed for creating own presets

How do i start with changing presets to match my A1 with another camcorder.
At our video club we do some multicam recordings and would like to match the other cam as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for your reply
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:23 AM   #180
Regular Crew

B & W JECTA Issue

So I loaded up the B&WJECTA preset because I wanted to film some blacka nd white footage in HDV just to see how it looks. When I select the B&WJECTA preset the display turns to black and white but then when I exit out of the menu it goes right back to color.

What gives? Is it not going to film in B&W now? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, probably something stupid...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders