2008 $250 Rebate? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 5th, 2008, 06:30 AM   #31
New Boot

Here's another link to the rebate that supposedly was cancelled

http://www.mbsdirect.com/product.php?productid=17338

it's on page one of this thread as well....very confusing....I need to buy my camera soon!! peace y'all
Ira Ostrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cook View Post
Derek,

ZotzDigtal uses MACK 4 Year Pro and then I buy a $39 (a year) policy from USAA insurance to cover the A1 from water, dropping, theft, sand, being a dummy, or any thing other than the manufactures defects. It totals (MACK + USAA = $326 for 4 years of coverage. Not bad.
Rob, where did you find the USAA Insurance Policy? Link? Do you have to purchase that at the time of purchase of the camera?

I got my A1 in Nov with the Sagemax Warranty from B&H but the USAA sounds like a REALLY good thing to have on top of it...
Kellen Dengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #33
New Boot

I went to the USAA website and tried to become a member-- but it appears that you or a family member needs to be in the military to become a member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellen Dengler View Post
Rob, where did you find the USAA Insurance Policy? Link? Do you have to purchase that at the time of purchase of the camera?

I got my A1 in Nov with the Sagemax Warranty from B&H but the USAA sounds like a REALLY good thing to have on top of it...
Ryan M. Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Yeah that's what I just found out too.

Does anyone on here have an additional insurance policy rider, such as the USAA, along with their Mack or Sagmax or similar warranty? One that would cover accidental damage such as dropping, water, dirt, etc?

I'm just curious who you got it from, how much it costs etc? I'm more worried about me accidentally breaking the camera than the camera malfunctioning on it's own...
Kellen Dengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #35
Wrangler

Yes, absolutely, USAA is for active duty and retired military officers and NCOs, or dependents of same, only.

In any case, insurance is OT for this thread about Canon XH rebates so let's keep this discussion limited to the rebate and move further info about insurance to existing threads in Taking Care of Business.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Usaa.com

Who is Eligible?
Membership is open to:

Children of USAA members.
Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs(Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
Recently retired or separated military personnel.
Former USAA members who had auto or property insurance.
Rob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #37
Wrangler

Yes, I should have written "current" rather than "active duty."
Irrelevant to DVinfo. END OF OFF TOPIC COMMENTS.
Continue with rebate discussion.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Pete, You covered it very well. Sorry

Pete
I did not even see your post, You covered it very well. Sorry. My typing is very slow, so you posted while I was typing. Chicken feed on keys:)
Rob Cook is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders