FCP capturing but not outputting from/to XHA1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP capturing but not outputting from/to XHA1

Hi,
I have a customer who isn't connected to the internet and is having a problem with his XHA1 and Final Cut pro. I believe this is his 1st HDV project.
Apparently FCP could capture footage and edit no problem...but now won't output the footage back to HDV on the Canon.
I myself work with the HVX200 so I'm not too familiar with HDV...but I have a feeling we're missing something obvious.
Don't you have to render out an HDV timeline? (You can't just hit the spacebar and play back to the camera right?)

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Maybe this should be in the FCP forum but I wasn't sure.
Cheers,

Brian Broz
www.llsr.com
Brian Broz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #2
New Boot

Yeah... you can't just play it back like DV stuff. I used the edit to tape function and got by with that. HDV is just a really buggy codec for editing it seems.

Other strange things: My MacBook Pro won't capture 24p HDV, but my MacBook will, same settings, same FCP version.

Weird.

Not very reliable like DV.
Matthew Nothelfer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders