XA20 Third Party Battery - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old November 6th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #31
Wrangler

Re: XA20 Third Party Battery

The main issue I see with third party is typically quality control. That may result in shorter useful life span. The other issue can be slight variations in chemistry depending on the ultimate sourceof the included cells.

In the final analysis it maybe a bit like automotive batteries - there are many brands but only few plants producing them.
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #32
New Boot

I too purchased high capacity generic batteries from Hong Kong well over 10 years ago, these were for a Sony Hi8 camcorder, even now these are still holding their charge ok - I just wish I could remember the company I got them from so that I could see if they do batts for my Canon XA20.

As with a lot of this type of stuff there are no markings on the product to identify them or where they came from apart from the standard " Made in Hong Kong"
Stephen Dey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #33
New Boot

I ordered the battery + charger from the link provided by Gary in his earlier post, items arrived today, took just over a week to be delivered from placing the order.

Everything working as it should, upon attaching the battery to my XA20 it shew 216 minutes of charge, after charging in supplied charger it shew 267 minutes - used it to run camera in media mode for approx 10 minutes and then charged this time via the camera - when charging completed, now showing 273 minutes.

Well pleased with this purchase, only time will tell how it will last but only having paid £30.01p ( $41.20 ) in total, I don't consider this a big deal if it does not last too long, and as a bonus I've got a stand alone charger for the original BP-820 battery.

Link was:-
Li ion BP 828 BP828 Decoding Battery Charger for Canon HF G30 XA20 XA25 BP 820 | eBay
Stephen Dey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders