Intensity doesn't support HV20 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM   #151
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Krueger View Post
it has no pci express, or expansion capability at all.
Really bad if so...
Do you have link to specification of this mobo?
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #152
Regular Crew

http://global.aopen.com/products_spec.aspx

basically, the acer "mini pc" line uses a proprietary motherboard form factor. it only fits in the case it comes with and has no internal expansion.

a-open also make mini itx boards, which is a "standard" form factor, and can allow for usually one card slot of some kind. so far ther have not updated or announced any i965 mini itx boards, but with the mini pc out now, i cant imagine it will be long before they do. most likely the new board will have one x1 slot like the old version, but with updated things like sata2 and such. if they were smart, they would make it and x4 slot and include an expresscard slot as well (the chipset supperts this), but i doubt they will.

terence
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Getting closer

Howdy folks.. first post.

I've been lurking here for quite some time now. Being a video runt, there is not much that I can offer yet. But thanks all for the education... I've learned more here than I can possible thank you for.

Anyway, I've got a little good news. I've been holding off getting an Intensity card and just couldn't resist anymore emailing Kristian Lam of Blackmagic for an update. With her permission, here is what she said:

"I don't want to give any dates right now but we're very close to releasing support. There's just some last minute kinks we need to iron out. Feel free to let the guys on forum know about this."

So for all you folks looking for an Intensity update fix, I hope this helps.

Oh, by the way, I'm looking at this for doing some stop motion capture using the HV20. So if anyone wants to through me a bone on that I'll do my best to catch it.

Mark
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:12 PM   #154
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Keck View Post
...just couldn't resist anymore emailing Kristian Lam of Blackmagic for an update. With her permission, here is what she said:

It great to have another update; even better that it's still positive. Thanks for posting it.

Apologies all around if I'm wrong, but I pretty sure Kristian is a he, not a she.
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:17 PM   #155
Regular Crew

"Apologies all around if I'm wrong, but I pretty sure Kristian is a he, not a she."

Oh, you are so right. At least that's what Kristian just told me. Excuss me while I wipe the egg off my face. Kristian, my applogies!!.

Mark
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:25 PM   #156
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Keck View Post
Oh, by the way, I'm looking at this for doing some stop motion capture using the HV20. So if anyone wants to through me a bone on that I'll do my best to catch it.
Mark, check out my thread below where I make my case for using the still-photo mode of the HV20 for doing stop-motion.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=91860
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:42 AM   #157
Regular Crew

Thanks Wes, thought I had read all the stop motion threads but missed this one. Looks like I have more searching to do. But this is all off topic, so I'll go over my reasoning in a different thread when I've got my act together.

Ordered the intensity card with the anticipation of the new driver release, should be in next week. I see many more applications other than stop motion fo me... some of them pretty far-fetched... I'll just have to see where it takes me.

Mark
Old June 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM   #158
Major Player

Is there a way to capture single frames from the HDMI using Intensity? The nice thing about using the digital still is you get the entire sensor plus you are mobile and I believe the stills are 4:2:2 plus you can use the remote to take an "exposure" which keeps from moving the camera.
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:34 AM   #159
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Vasher View Post
Is there a way to capture single frames from the HDMI using Intensity?
Yup. At the moment I can't go into all of it due to a few pesky discloser clauses. But once I have all the peices together and can talk about it, I'll let you know.

Mark
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:29 AM   #160
Major Player

Sounds good. I use BTV Pro for DV stop motion as that works really well at capturing single frames from a DV stream to any format. It also has onion skinning which is useful. Bypassing the JPEG compression of the digital still mode of the HV20 would be a good thing, since you are in a studio when shooting stop-motion usually anyway, being tied to an Intensity box isn't that big of an issue.
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM   #161
Wrangler

Hi chaps:

I've re-read most of the posts but my computer knowledge base stops at a certain point and you guys are thankfully beyond that!

I have a shoot in mid-June that will be primarily Varicam and cut on FCP but we have a couple of shots that will involve a Doggiecam style body mount on a young actor. I had thought it would be interesting to use the HV20 as the camera for this, and would like to record the output of the camera out to a better format than HDV (might as well do DVCPROHD as that is what the rest of the footage will be).

At this point, what are my functional options? By functional I mean ready to go within maybe a week, not "soon, hopefully". Analog component out?
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM   #162
Trustee

Charles,

Analog component out to DeckLink Multibridge HD (or whatever they call it nowadays) will, of course, work with any camera that outputs analog signal.

OR, use Sony V1U and HDMI capture. V1U is not that much larger than HV20, and does not have any issues with HDMI capture to PC.

I have just re-designed my HD capture PC from analog in (Z1U analog -> HD-SDI -> PC uncompressed capture) to HDMI in (V1U HDMI out -> BlackMagic Intensity capture card -> PC capture into Cineform Aspect HD codec on-the-fly.)

Works beautifully in the limited tests I just completed yesterday.
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:09 PM   #163
Regular Crew

just make sure you have a long high quality cable, because at the moment, you need to tether the camera to a full sized PC.

terence
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM   #164
Wrangler

I'm going to start a new thread on this as I'm not sure if everyone who is working to make this happen is reading this one--thanks for those who chimed in already.
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #165
Tourist

Any news on this driver update to make the camera able to connect to the intensity?

I got the camera thinking it was going to be able to connect to the intensity card.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders