Canon HV series -- various sample clips - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #406
Regular Crew

Go Go Girls at the club shot on My HV30

Hey guys I went to a event Friday night,
there where dudes painting on,and airbrushing on hot chicks.
They had go go dancers,take a look and tell me what you think,it was dark so I did get a
little bit of noise on the footage,but one think I must say the hv30 is good in low light !
Go Go Dancers ,body Art. on Vimeo
Anthony Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #407
Major Player

Awesome footage Anthony.

The HV30 did do good in low light as far as I saw.

Thanks for posting!
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #408
Regular Crew

Yeah ''good camers for the money

Thank you Kali carter,
Nice run,and gun camera good picture really work well in Low light.
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #409
Regular Crew

Kill Jake,short film hv30

Hey guys I just shot this last week for a test shoot.
Only to find out that I end up with bad Audio,the framing is off a bit just to let you know.
However Now I know what to do when I shoot this over next month.
At the very end I used a little After effects cs3,a little dark''but I will shoot this project over
I had fun for the most part.
Ok guys Rip it up......lol
KILL JAKE,NARK,COP, on Vimeo
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:16 AM   #410
Tourist

Tallships. Dana Point CA

This is my second HD vid produced. Just got my HV30 a month ago.
I am still learning and have a ways to go.
I tend to overdo panning, zoom, and effects. I had to modify this one numerous times.
Constructive criticism welcome.
Tallships. Dana Point CA on Vimeo
Dave
Dave Gora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #411
Regular Crew

Dave - at least for me - the Vimeo playback was simply horrible - moire pattern throughout the standing rigging and very soft / out of focus images.
Rick Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #412
Major Player

Dave,

Welcome to the Board. I think you will find it a great place to help you acquire this intruiging new skillset you are in the process of learning. I saw some of what has been mentioned, but that is more the compression and vimeo that anything you did.

You have a nice eye. You are correct about zooms... it is a hard trait to learn to undo. Watch TV critically some time.. 99% of all shots do not involve a zoom, and 95% of all cuts are straight cuts (fades and other fancy transitions are next up for being overdone by newbies right after zooming).

Show your work and also self criticize -You will also pick things that are incongrous to a viewer, like having a rowboat headed in one direction in one shot and 180 degrees opposite in the next... but this is how we learn.

Often handheld is our only option, and you have a steadier hand than I do. However I suggest you use a tripod whenever possible. Here is a little trick for pans... get a decently stout rubber band and attach it to the tripod head handle. To pan pull on the rubber band instead of the handle... the stretch will smooth the pan dramatically - try it.

Oh and music. A caution. You violated the music copyright of the music of Gordon Lightfoot and Enya (I think it was Enya). You may want to explore Digital Juice, SonicFire or Sony Cinescore for your background music - all royalty free once purchased. All of us have probably used music like you just did for home productions and films for small friendly audiences, and violated copyrights by doing so - yet when just seen by family and close friends no one is likely to notify the holder of the rights to that music.. Posting it on a national site is a little dangerous...

Keep shooting, and keep up your own self critique of your work. Nice start.

Welcome aboard.

Chris Swanberg

ps There is a forum JUST for displaying your work... in the last sections below, try it you will get more folks looking at your work. Be warned, posting your work here with a lot of pros and such sometimes requires a thick skin, but everyone gets some helpful feedback by doing so.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #413
Regular Crew

Chris +1 on the rubber band pan technique.
Rick Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #414
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg View Post
Dave,

Welcome to the Board. I think you will find it a great place to help you acquire this intruiging new skillset you are in the process of learning. I saw some of what has been mentioned, but that is more the compression and vimeo that anything you did.

You have a nice eye. You are correct about zooms... it is a hard trait to learn to undo. Watch TV critically some time.. 99% of all shots do not involve a zoom, and 95% of all cuts are straight cuts (fades and other fancy transitions are next up for being overdone by newbies right after zooming).

Show your work and also self criticize -You will also pick things that are incongrous to a viewer, like having a rowboat headed in one direction in one shot and 180 degrees opposite in the next... but this is how we learn.

Often handheld is our only option, and you have a steadier hand than I do. However I suggest you use a tripod whenever possible. Here is a little trick for pans... get a decently stout rubber band and attach it to the tripod head handle. To pan pull on the rubber band instead of the handle... the stretch will smooth the pan dramatically - try it.

Oh and music. A caution. You violated the music copyright of the music of Gordon Lightfoot and Enya (I think it was Enya). You may want to explore Digital Juice, SonicFire or Sony Cinescore for your background music - all royalty free once purchased. All of us have probably used music like you just did for home productions and films for small friendly audiences, and violated copyrights by doing so - yet when just seen by family and close friends no one is likely to notify the holder of the rights to that music.. Posting it on a national site is a little dangerous...

Keep shooting, and keep up your own self critique of your work. Nice start.

Welcome aboard.

Chris Swanberg

ps There is a forum JUST for displaying your work... in the last sections below, try it you will get more folks looking at your work. Be warned, posting your work here with a lot of pros and such sometimes requires a thick skin, but everyone gets some helpful feedback by doing so.
Chris,
Thank you for your response with such helpful info.
Funny what you said about watching TV. I now look at it from a different perspective. I see that they rarely do all the trick fly-ins and other effects.
Very very helpful response. Thanks again!
Dave
Dave Gora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #415
Regular Crew

New Music video hv30

we shot this video last weekend
most of it was shot on the hv30 let me know what you think.
You know what I like. on Vimeo
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #416
Regular Crew

TRAILER - "Látigo de Acero: El Trinomio" ("Steel Whip: The Trinomial")

Hi. I've uploaded a trailer shot on the HV20, and published a thread in the "Show Your Work" section. Please go to that page (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/show-your...trinomial.html) for more info, or just head to the video through the next Vimeo link: Látigo de Acero: El Trinomio - TRAILER on Vimeo

Here are some subtitles, by the way, since the trailer is spoken in Spanish:
ENGLISH: http://media.dddproducciones.com/sub...attredirects=0
SPANISH: http://media.dddproducciones.com/sub...attredirects=0

Please comment, and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for watching!
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #417
Major Player

Left Unspoken - 2009 Tropfest finalist short film.

This is a short film I shot for director Avi Lewin late last year that was a finalist at Tropfest in February this this year. It was shot on a Canon HV20 with an SGPro 35mm adapter. Edited and graded using Vegas.

Currently it's on the Tropfest YouTube page here - YouTube - Left Unspoken by Avi Lewin

A HD version would be nice to see I know, but unfortunately Tropfest hold the rights right now and won't allow the film makers to post it themselves.

Comments welcome,

Glenn
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #418
Regular Crew

behind the scenes hv30

behind the scenes of the music video
shot on hv30. Behind the scenes .Tha Flatlinerz Music video on Vimeo
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #419
Regular Crew

Shot with a Hv30 custom presets

Custom Pre-settting on Vimeo

Hey everybody today I had time to sit back, and
Make my own preset, with name on them in
Premiere cs3.most of these clips was shot with the hv30
And one with my Sony cam.
I thought it would be a smart thing to do so when I’m working on
Projects I don’t have to take time out to do color correction,
Now all I have to do is just look for my own presets.
Well I hope you like them take care Anthony.
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #420
Major Player

Wow. Very nice.
What was the music you used? Seems a bit like variations on Ryushi Sakamoto. Love it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders