Cloning A Tape AND SIMULTANEOUSLY Capturing To FCP? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 25th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #1
New Boot

Cloning A Tape AND SIMULTANEOUSLY Capturing To FCP?

Hello to all,

I own an HV-10, HV-30 and XH-A1.

Is anyone aware of either:

1. A Firewire "hub" or "splitter" that could successfully and safely split the Firewire signal out of a DECK (playback) camera to allow for connection to both a CLONE (recording) camera AND a computer firewire connection (capture to Final Cut Pro)

2. Computer hardware that can pass through (via FIREWIRE) the signal from a DECK (playback) camera WHILE capturing to Final Cut Pro

In simple terms, I would like to simultaneously clone a tape AND capture it to Final Cut Pro.

I have not seen this question asked or answered anywhere online. I am about to embark on a MASSIVE tape cloning project and would love to capture while I clone to save myself the time and the wear on my camera's heads.

Any and all insight would be sincerely appreciated!

Thank you for the space!

- frank.
liveween.com
Frank Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Google Firewire hub .. I use Sunix happy with it. Check that you can record from the hub via the cams firewire input and 4 pin versus 6 pin.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders