sony wide lens 37mm on hv-30 (43mm) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

sony wide lens 37mm on hv-30 (43mm)

i bot from USA sony VCL-HG0737C High-grade Wide Angle waiting for sony hc-9e to arrive here in serbia, but after a two month waiting the seller told me it is not possible to get that sony camera here. so i will go to canon hv-30 and buy 43to37 adapter.

will it work, anybody have experience?

it is also not possible to see hv-30camera before ordering, so simple action of trying it on camera is not an option for me in my lovely country.

Last edited by Milutin Labudovic; March 2nd, 2009 at 07:40 AM.
Milutin Labudovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

my happiness was never to end when i putted sony wide lens on hv30, and on the camera screen everything was perfect, no vignetting. but when i captured in all my joy, I almost got a hard attack when i saw it does not work, heavy duty vignetting.
oh, the lens is perfect, real marble as fare as flares and ghosting is the matter, a bit of barrel, but on expected level. what a waste it is not a fit to hv30.

on camera lcd the `parralax` is preety considering? i still have not played with cam or the manual, i hope it can be adjusted.
camera lcd - captured image difference

Last edited by Milutin Labudovic; March 3rd, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Milutin Labudovic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders