Having trouble with capturing... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Having trouble with capturing...

Hello, guys.
Always great thanks to everyone who takes thier time to help.
I just got HV30 as a deck (to playback And capture).
I shot wedding with both, A1=main, HV30=steady and HV30's quality was better than I thought.
Now I am back at my office and trying to capture with HV30.
First thing first. I am using vista home premium 64bit with adobe premiere cs3.
I am capturing through firewire and I can only capture with A1 for tapes that I shot with A1. I shot the wholething on both camera 1080i 24P. When I try to capture with HV30, the capture window gives me "can't activate the camera, try to reset it" then I changed the settings on premiere to capture HDV, then I started to have control over the camera but no image being captured on computer. it's playing, but black screen.
I bought HV30 to save A1's head for capturing, so I really hope I can make this work.
I tried to change output setting on HV30 to AV-DV on and off, but no luck.
I am currently capturing with my A1 for now, but if any of you can help me out, I would greatly appreciate, guys!
Thank you!!!

JJ

ps. due to English being my second language, here is short version: I need to capture the tapes that was shot by A1 on HV30, and computer controls the camera, but no image being captured.
J.J. Kim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders