Optura 200MC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old July 3rd, 2003, 08:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Optura 200MC?

I'm in need of a small back up camera that I can easily take along during event shooting as an emergency back up should my XL-1 or DV 500 go down. I can't carry on my person another "full-size" camera all the time but also can't take the chance of missing a shot. I realize that the 200MC is a single chip camera and most likely won't compare to a 3 chip, but the optical image stablizer got my attention. Has anyone had any experience with the camera and how might it compare to the PDX 10 picture wise? 16x9,not required. Thanks for any input....Best, Craig Hollenback
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:15 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

The 200MC is a vertical-format camcorder in terms of ergonomics. You hold it like a can of beer. Some people prefer horizontal-format ergonomics. These are the camcorders you hold like a football. The right one for you is the one which feels best in your hands... no other feature, including O.I.S., is nearly as important. If you prefer footballs over beer cans, check out the Canon Optura 20. Longer optical zoom, larger LCD screen than the 200MC. It has a next-generation E.I.S., nearly as good as optical.

None of these will measure up to the TRV950 or PDX10. Those are 3-chip cams. You always get what you pay for.

P.S. For all you Euro's, Aussies and Canajians out there, I'm referring to those funny, strange, oblong American footballs. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 3rd, 2003, 11:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

hey the CLF uses the same ball.
Old July 4th, 2003, 03:16 PM   #4
Outer Circle

The Optura 200MC buzzes more than the Optura 100MC; the 100MC has a slightly larger CCD and lens than the 200MC.

P.S. For all you Euro's, Aussies and Canajians out there, I's referring to them funny, strange, oblong British Rugby balls, which Americans borrowed for their popular football game---no not soccer. Hope this helps. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog