Grazie Gets His XM2 - YEah!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 28th, 2002, 11:28 AM   #1
Old Boot

Grazie Gets His XM2 - YEah!!

Having read the posts over the last 3 - 4 months, bored my partner stupid, spent money on Vid-Mags, read and re-read toooo many posts on a dozen DV forums - I went and did it this afternoon in London.

The company? ASK on Tottenham Court Road - £1599 inc taxes. Got the wide angle; Canon fill-in lamp; Canon accessory shoe; Sennhieser K66 + Windjammer ( £28.00 quid - Senn having a larf, aren't they!); extra battery; UV filter; XLR cable and ...... stack of Sony tapes - Have I missed out anything? YES Yes - ASK were brilliant.

Thank you all for helping me. Now I've gotta a lot of reading to do! I've got a Pub Muso gig to do on Monday.....

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2002, 11:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Congrats on the new rig! I am sure that you will enjoy working with it. So what is a "Pub Muso" gig?
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2002, 12:22 PM   #3
Old Boot

Thanks Paul - Sorry I took an hour to get back to you - but I AM TOO EXCITED!

Soooo... your 101 on London chat - "Pub" = Public House = BAR!

"Muso" = Music Pro/Amateur = Blues - Beatles - Van Morrison - Buddy Hollie - etc etc.....

Ooooohhh must get back to my new baby! Seeyah!

A BIG Yahooooo to Texas!

Regards

Grazie
Old November 28th, 2002, 12:56 PM   #4
Major Player

Excellent Grazie! Thanks for the helping me out with the reference. I love my Sennhieser K66, it should server you well.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2002, 05:02 PM   #5
Trustee

Good stuff Grazie! You will have lots of good times with your setup. I have pretty much the same as you, XM2, ME66 etc etc and am having a blast. About to shoot my first fictional scene with it this weekend so that will be fun.

The ME66 is nice. I used it yesterday videoing a talk by Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, and it worked a treat.

Which part of London do you live? I spent some time living in West Ealing several years ago...I love England...I remember waling into several country town pubs and you don't have 3-4 options as far as Whiskey goes, there's like a whole shelf of 'em.. Bliss..

Cheers
Aaron
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2002, 12:38 AM   #6
Old Boot

Aaron - Hiyah!

Went to bed 'bout 1:00am - got up at 5:00am - Too excited!

Know West Ealing well. We live in Wembley/Willesden. Did you ever go to the Kings Head in Acton? Did you ever see an outfit called "Barry and the Dolphins"? Great lil R 'n R band. Their version of "Cross-Cut Saw" - gave a new meaning to that particular passionate act!

Aaron - have read masses on the low light/house light issues. There appears to be a prominant "red" shift. Any solutions?

Oh yes - haven't read all the manual, but what is the little red icon that appears mid right of screen? It is flashing and has a slash-mark through it. It really looks like a bloke fishing in a boat! I kid you not!

See yah matey!

Grazie
Old November 29th, 2002, 02:28 AM   #7
Old Boot

Sorry folks!

"but what is the little red icon that appears mid right of screen? It is flashing and has a slash-mark through it. It really looks like a bloke fishing in a boat! I kid you not!"

Yes, yes, yes...... it was the flat backup battery alert - DOAH!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders