how long and how many problems? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 9th, 2004, 11:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

how long and how many problems?

Hello everyone, i just thought id ask how long all of you have had your GL2s and how many problems you have had with them (and if so what you did to correct it, and if you had to send it in, what your experience was)

i have had my GL2 for about a year now and have had only one problem that required me to have to send it to canon. my speaker distorted on playback (not a big deal, but nice to have fixed) i sent it to canon and had it back about 2.5 weeks later.

thanks for posting your experiences

Alex B.
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:17 AM   #2
Old Boot

Why are you asking?

Hiyah!

Why are you asking?

Bought Nov 2002.

End of year 1 [ Nov 2003 ] went to Canon Garage for :

1/- Pixels on movement

2/- Zoom control on Side Grip

3/- Steady thingie . . .

Took 28 days. Shop wasn't informed it was ready, hence took a bit longer! It went in for an overhaul towards the end of the Warranty.

Zoom issue has returned. Pixels haven't reappeared. The Steady thingie? Well isn't as good as Sony's . .

I hated the camera SO much that I bough another one about 2 weeks ago . . that one isn't misbehaving . .yet! But I guess there is always time . ..

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM   #3
Major Player

I´ve had mine since june 03. Zoom problem appeared after 8 months.
Took it to Canon and got it back in less than 24 hours. Zoom problem solved and has not come back. Knock on wood.
Old October 10th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the responses, i just wanted to see if there were any major problems that were pretty much guarnteed to happen to the GL2 (i guess im pretty lucky so far) knock on wood. thanks again.

alex b

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders