Just got my XM2!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 29th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #1
Tourist

Just got my XM2!!

I just gotb my XM2 (GL2-PAL) today and I couldn't be happier!
I just hope i won't run into some of the problems I've read about here.
....and I decided to go with the Sony Excellence tapes.
Shot some footage of my newborn son and it looks great!! Can't wait to put this one through the test...
Sigurjon Gardarsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome Sigurjon,

You will not be disappointed with your XM2, had mine for a year now and still over the moon about it :)

Touch wood I have not had any problems as posted by others so far, let's hope you are the same. Get out and practice , you will have lots of fun getting to know another "newborn baby".
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:56 AM   #3
Old Boot

XM2 has baby Brother!

. . . . While we are on the subject of newly borns - I know this is NOT a human .. but . . - yesterday arrived home with a "friend" for my lonely 2 year-old XM2 . . .yup, I like the camera so much I got me another one! . .. . . so this must tell you something . . .

Have fun with the cammie Sigurjon - you will not be dissapointed . .. you might get to be a bit withdraw, a bore, seen to lurk in shadows, be shunned by family and friends .. .but they will get over that .. and they WILL love seeing themselves on the TV in broadcast quality .. they wont know that but hey .. . that's OUR secret!

.. . oh I still have the Doomed-Zoom . . .but having this backup XM2 I can now get funky with Canon . . . HAHAHA!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders