Wd-58, Wd-58h at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old August 8th, 2002, 12:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wd-58, Wd-58h

I haven't found the answer to this by searching this site and Canon's. What is the difference between the WD-58 and the WD-58H?

Also, how exactly does ZGC's WD-58H hood "allow for .75x wider perspective on WD-58H." (And does this hood work on the WD-58 (without the H))?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
- Rob
Rob Unck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2002, 02:22 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

The "H" designation stands for a kit which includes the new tulip-shaped lens hood. The hood is available separately, or as part of a kit. The hood fits on any WD-58 adapter no matter how old it is (in other words, the adapter itself hasn't changed at all -- only the hood is new).

I can't speak for ZGC's claim. I think they're referring to the advantage of the adapter itself in comparison to the normal field of view of the GL1/GL2/VX2000/PD150 lens. For an image of what the hood looks like, see http://www.dvinfo.net/media/wahood.jpg -- hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2002, 02:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Chris

Tremendous help, thanks!
Rob Unck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2002, 03:34 PM   #4
Trustee

I looked at the zgc description, and I don't know what they are talking about...they DO seem to be claiming increased coverage with the hood...might be worth giving them a call or an email to clarify.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders