XM2 to feed plasma display? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Inner Circle

XM2 to feed plasma display?

Hello all,

I am shooting a conference tomorrow. Not my usual thing but needs must!

I will be capturing the conference on an XL2 but the client has just asked me if it's possible to feed the video and audio signal to a plasma screen approx 10m away.

I would prefer to use my old XM2 for this, so I can fix it up in the air somewhere. I haven't used the XM2 for a while and I can't find the manual anywhere!

Now, my question: What is the 'sleep cycle' or auto shut down timing for the XM2?

At the moment I have the camera attached, via the BNC out on the MA200 (300?) XLR adaptor, to a production monitor and it hasn't shut down for over an hour. I have recollections of the picture shutting off after 5 mins, which would be no good for a conference. There is no tape in the cam as I have no need to record from two camera (also there is a problem with the heads which needs fixing!).

Can anyone please tell me whether this would sit there for three hours + without shutting down?

Thanks for any advice.

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Major Player

We used to use the GL2 for live broadcasts all the time. Without a tape in the camera, it should stay on indefinitely. As long as your battery can handle it. If you're using the AC adapter, then that's not a problem.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Good to know, many thanks Chris.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Tourist

I'm in a similar situation. I need to broadcast from the school gym to another room. How do I do this? What cables from the camera and any special settings on the cam I need to make? They don't need the event taped just broadcast live to another room.
Steve Ranieri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders